USB connection and my S6

Corbnach

May 8, 2017
Visit site
Whenever I connect my Samsung s6 into my car using the USB connection, it begins playing music. I cannot control the music from my phone. Nothing shows up in my notification tray to control music, just the usb options (transfer, just charge, etc). Someone cracked the lcd screen in my car, so I can use that to control anything. Help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you need to use the USB connection for anything else? Can you use Bluetooth instead for music? Most Android phones don't do much if you plug them into the USB port of a car.

Corbnach

May 8, 2017
Visit site
I needed to charge my phone and plugged it into USB port. It immediately began playing music. I couldn't control anything. I had my kids in the car and explicit song came on. I had to turn off the radio. I shouldn't have to resort to powering down the radio. I do have the phone connected to radio via Bluetooth, but needed to charge.

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if the phone showed up as a USB drive and the radio started playing songs on it? I know my Nissan Altima has a place where you can plug in a USB stick with music on it; if the phone looked like a USB stick...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34