ever since the so-called upgrade..my S6 is crap... icons have changed and procedures have changed... not to mention my systems are now integrating...google, facebook... it;s all very invasive for the sake of "convenience" well... it sucks and it needs to go off of my permission not some programmer with too much time on their hands... if this is what I'm to be expecting from Galaxy in the future... I'm going to get a different phone to use... I used to be able to access my notification sounds directly from my phone's drive... now it gives me an icon that says My Drive and then proceeds to shut down... with each upgrade it seems my phone becomes more and more useless to me.... thanks so much!
    05-16-2017 08:28 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! So your question is how to set custom notification tones, right? First, make sure those custom tones are saved to your Notifications directory -- use My Files or whatever file manager you prefer to copy the sound file to the directory called Notifications. Now, when you want to select a notification tone, it should show up in that list.

Or are you saying that the usual list of tones doesn't show up? Sometimes, if you selected some 3rd party file manager app to be the default whenever you want to select a tone, this kind of thing might happen. Try going to the App Manager, tap Menu, then Reset All App Preferences.
    05-16-2017 12:50 PM