I'm having issues with the Reactivation Lock feature for my Galaxy S6. Does anyone know a workaround? Would rooting help, or maybe some kind of software?

Basically what happened is, I tried to do a normal factory reset on my phone. It prompted me to use my Samsung credentials in order to do the factory reset. When I entered my credentials, it wouldn't work. So I did a hard factory reset by holding volume up + home + power. It reset the phone but then prompted me again to enter in my Samsung credentials because it was an "abnormal factory reset". So I enter in my credentials again. And it says, processing failed. My account works fine on my S8.

I contacted Samsung, and they said I would have to send the phone into their repair center to unlock it. Mind you it's out of warranty, so I would have to pay them to unlock my own phone. That's BS.

Does anyone know a way around this? I've seen some workarounds online, but they were from like 1+ years ago. And I don't think they apply anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    05-16-2017 08:33 AM
    Sorry, but we don't allow discussions on how to bypass security features, even if it's for a non-nefarious purpose. Thread closed.
    05-16-2017 12:46 PM