A long, long time ago in a workplace not too far away, I had an old work email address that started with the same 5 characters as my new work email address. My old work email address isn't in my Gmail contacts, my S6 phones contacts, or anywhere I can find. But, and there's always a "but", every time I try to send an email thru Gmail to my new work email address, the top suggestion is my OLD email address. If I long press on it, it does nothing.

I know for a fact that my old work still keeps all the old email addresses active in case some old business tried to contact an old email address so the absolute LAST thing I want to do is accidentally send something meant for my new work email address, to my old work email address.

I have cleared the data in the Gmail app, done just about everything I can do short of a factory reset, but that old email address still is the top pick.

How do I clear something like this from my Gmail app?????
    Help....
    05-18-2017 03:45 PM
    A long, long time ago in a workplace not too far away, I had an old work email address that started with the same 5 characters as my new work email address. My old work email address isn't in my Gmail contacts, my S6 phones contacts, or anywhere I can find. But, and there's always a "but", every time I try to send an email thru Gmail to my new work email address, the top suggestion is my OLD email address. If I long press on it, it does nothing.

I know for a fact that my old work still keeps all the old email addresses active in case some old business tried to contact an old email address so the absolute LAST thing I want to do is accidentally send something meant for my new work email address, to my old work email address.

I have cleared the data in the Gmail app, done just about everything I can do short of a factory reset, but that old email address still is the top pick.

How do I clear something like this from my Gmail app?????
    Help....
    Have you logged on Online and had a pole around through the settings on the web interface/app?
    05-18-2017 06:01 PM
    Logged online and that email isn't in any emails, isn't in my contacts, and no where I could find at all.
    05-18-2017 06:52 PM