Always On Display not working?

bryanmsi

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know why the Always On Display for my S7 Active quit working?

It worked the first day I had the phone but now it won't turn on. I've tried everything I can think of including toggling the control panel on and off, resets, changing the settings (clock style, image, background, etc.)

I'm hoping its a simple setting somewhere, but I sure can't find it.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I turned mine off in display settings under quick settings. I was not getting much value out of it. I just turned it on again the same way and it works. Not sure of another way to turn it on. I know that it is brighter the brighter the room is and in a dark room it almost disappears. Are you viewing your phone in a normally lit room?

bryanmsi

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Weird - I changed the start time for AOD to an hour later, closed the control panel, then opened the control panel back up and set the start time back to my original value and it stated to work. Must have been a corrupt pref? Anyway, back in business.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Weird - I changed the start time for AOD to an hour later, closed the control panel, then opened the control panel back up and set the start time back to my original value and it stated to work. Must have been a corrupt pref? Anyway, back in business.
Good to hear

No one likes Android bugs in system