Is Screen mirroring possible on the Galaxy S7 Active?

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I have a smart TV. Is it possible to screen mirror and cast with this phone? I am coming from a G4 and and i like to cast YouTube to my TV.

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If your TV has a YouTube app installed, then you're not really mirroring your screen, it's more like using a Chromecast, and your phone becomes a remote and the TV does all the 'heavy lifting' (including downloads, so your mobile isn't really consuming data). If you pair the TV and phone while signed in to the same account, your phone doesn't even need to be on the same WiFi as your TV.

BUT if you really want to mirror your screen, then that should be possible. I know it'll be doable if your TV is Samsung, and in theory it should work with Miracast-enabled TVs form other brands, but that I can't confirm. To the best of my knowledge, mirroring through HDMI (MHL) has been missing from Sammy phones for a few iterations now, so you'd only be able to do this via WiFi.

Chances are that if you could do it with the G4 (unless it was via HDMI), you'll be able to do it with the S7.

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
If your TV has a YouTube app installed, then you're not really mirroring your screen, it's more like using a Chromecast, and your phone becomes a remote and the TV does all the 'heavy lifting' (including downloads, so your mobile isn't really consuming data). If you pair the TV and phone while signed in to the same account, your phone doesn't even need to be on the same WiFi as your TV.

BUT if you really want to mirror your screen, then that should be possible. I know it'll be doable if your TV is Samsung, and in theory it should work with Miracast-enabled TVs form other brands, but that I can't confirm. To the best of my knowledge, mirroring through HDMI (MHL) has been missing from Sammy phones for a few iterations now, so you'd only be able to do this via WiFi.

Chances are that if you could do it with the G4 (unless it was via HDMI), you'll be able to do it with the S7.

Now that you mention that the smart TV is doing the heavy lifting and my phone is merely the remote that makes a lot of sense to me.

Screen mirroring is still a question though.

Posted via the Android Central App

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I only have Samsung TV's and it is simple to do. Do you have a Samsung TV? Do you have and adapter that you use to mirror?
The S7 active does not have an icon called screen mirroring, I have one called Smart View. Just put your TV into Screen Mirroring using the input selector and hit Smart View or Quick Connect at the bottom of the quick menu icons and follow the prompts.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol