Galaxy S7 Active Screen is not so tough

Chas9rr

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone tried to remove the "removable polycarbonate top layer"? I think the gorilla glass itself is sufficient for me... With a zagg glass over it of course.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried to remove the "removable polycarbonate top layer"? I think the gorilla glass itself is sufficient for me... With a zagg glass over it of course.
Why would you want to if you're going to put a Zagg on it anyway? You'd be removing the shatter resistance.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah exactly just cover it up? Have u guys seen the video where they drop it face down 50 times and it doesn't break? Granted it's an even surface but $hit.

Posted via the Android Central App

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
The Bodyguardz for my S5 Active came with form/guide that positioned the protector perfectly on the phone. Does the Bodyguardz for the S7/Active come with a form/guide?

I just opened the Bodyguardz replacement screen they sent. I don't see a form/guide. What is included is the protector in a clear protective sleeve, a little suction cup, a microfiber cloth, a squeegee card, a couple of dust removal stickers.
The instructions are minimal as follows:
1) Attach the suction cup to the protector
2) Holding on to the suction cup, peel off the back liner, then align the protector over your device and gently lay it down
3) Press and slide your finger along the center of the protector, removing the suction cup as you do.
4) Use the provided squeegee card and/or microfiber cloth to push any bubbles to the edges. Any remaining bubbles will work themselves out
within 24-48 hours.
I may give it another try myself when I'm in the mood and feel lucky.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just opened the Bodyguardz replacement screen they sent. I don't see a form/guide. What is included is the protector in a clear protective sleeve, a little suction cup, a microfiber cloth, a squeegee card, a couple of dust removal stickers.
The instructions are minimal as follows:
1) Attach the suction cup to the protector
2) Holding on to the suction cup, peel off the back liner, then align the protector over your device and gently lay it down
3) Press and slide your finger along the center of the protector, removing the suction cup as you do.
4) Use the provided squeegee card and/or microfiber cloth to push any bubbles to the edges. Any remaining bubbles will work themselves out
within 24-48 hours.
I may give it another try myself when I'm in the mood and feel lucky.

Good luck!

Wildcat555

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I contacted Samsung about the scratches on my phone and was informed the only way to change the top layer is to replace the entire screen for $270. The scratches aren't noticeable with the the display on, but it's pretty bad that one of their selling points is a lie.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Definitely not as good a design as the Moto droid turbo 2 or Moto Z Force apparently. Sounds like the tough screen needs a screen protector.

jmill89

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
I contacted Samsung about the scratches on my phone and was informed the only way to change the top layer is to replace the entire screen for $270. The scratches aren't noticeable with the the display on, but it's pretty bad that one of their selling points is a lie.

According to Samsungs's website the top layer is replaceable. They sell a kit:

Galaxy S7 active Screen Protector Replacement Kit

Looks like from the instructions that it just peels off from the small gap at the top of the screen. It's just a factory installed polycarbonate screen protector

Slade8525

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
i believe those instructions are for the removal and replacement of their branded screen protector, and NOT the 'out-of-box' polycarbonate screen, which would have to be heat bonded to the glass screen (not just stuck to it) to provide shatter resistance.

EDIT it appears the OEM polycarb screen is replaceable after all.

Last edited:

FLTimmyB

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
I actually put a beetle unicorn pro series case on mine, well built looks good on the phone has a nice screen protector and port covers, yes it will allow for wireless charging (that was my first question). I live in a house with all tile floors so I figure no matter how tough a case I need to stack the deck in my favor as much as I can. The case didnt add too much bulk to the phone and its actually a nice grip. the front edge comes up nicely to protect the screen even more. I would suggest this one if your looking for that extra protection. https://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE-Full...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5266506

popsthemachinist

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I had the same experience. I held off for months because of the hype about this phone. I had a Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro for over 3 years. I never used a case or screen protector and it still looked new when I replaced it. After a few weeks the S7 Active already had scratches and even a little chip on the screen from who knows what. Definitely does not live up to the hype.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000