Samsung Galaxy S7 Active Screen issue

Guardian of Wonder

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
Hello,
On my 3rd S7 Active phone and am still having the same issue with the screen. On the lower left quarter of the screen a 'smudge' appears, it looks like a thumb print but no matter what I do it doesn't come out. I have a feeling the the processor is located behind this part of the screen and the heat is making it happen. At this point it's happened to 3 phones so I'm just going to wait till Samsung figures out the issue.

Anyone else having similar problems?

exile0229

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. I've had the phone for less than a week. It's like I've already Swyped off a protective layer on the screen. I'd appreciate hearing what you find out. I would take mine in to the store tomorrow but I will be unable.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. I've had the phone for less than a week. It's like I've already Swyped off a protective layer on the screen. I'd appreciate hearing what you find out. I would take mine in to the store tomorrow but I will be unable.

Don't u have a way to get a pic of it?

Posted via the Android Central App

exile0229

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I didn't, until I exchanged the phone. One of the customer reps said that it happens when the phone heats up. My wife said it happened to one of her iPhones. Apple said it was pocket rub.
Here are the pictures of the phone.

Attachments

• 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 38

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I assume you tried already, but nothing happens at all if you wipe it vigorously with a microfiber cloth? Perhaps with some screen cleaner?

I wonder if it has to do with some kind of screen coating that gets affected by excessive heat--although you'd think they would've accounted for that in the design (especially since this is the Active variant!).

exile0229

May 13, 2012
Visit site
The microfiber cloth did make the spot seem to disappear. Any touch and it was back. I thought about using a cleaner, but if there was a specialized coating I didn't want to compromise it before I showed the phone to a "qualified" person.

I noticed that the phone got hot once. But nothing more than any other phone I've used.

If the same thing happens with this one, I'll go back to something other than Samsung.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's some kind of stubborn mark from skin oil, or something else that was on your fingertips that transferred to the screen? Try using any kind of cleaning solution that's specifically designed for phone screens--it should be safe for the finish.

exile0229

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Already replaced it. It was apparent it wasn't oil from my body, nor was it from anything I had on my fingers as I use the full screen for things. It was just that area.

If it were a protective coating that was coming off it could have removed it further. I felt it would be better safe than sorry and exchange the phone in it's condition so it can be researched and corrected...hopefully.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
A lot of issues being reported with the hardware of S7A. Samsung drop the ball here?
As is always the case, those with issues will be more vocal than those without.

As of right now the only issues that seem to be universal are the ease of which the screen scratches and the map use in the compass app.

The screen scratching issue is because of the added plastic to increase the shatter resistance and is easily fixed by using a glass screen protector. That leaves the map compass issue, which eventhough I never use it, I hope gets addressed soon for those that do.

Slade8525

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
can you please wipe it off with a CLEAN cotton cloth (microfiber is more abrasive) with mild soap and water, and upload a CLEAR pic, from directly above, with no glare?

that pic is horrible to try to diagnose.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
As is always the case, those with issues will be more vocal than those without.

As of right now the only issues that seem to be universal are the ease of which the screen scratches and the map use in the compass app.

The screen scratching issue is because of the added plastic to increase the shatter resistance and is easily fixed by using a glass screen protector. That leaves the map compass issue, which eventhough I never use it, I hope gets addressed soon for those that do.

In my opinion Samsung should have done a better job with the screen scratching issue. You shouldn't need a screen protector on an "active phone"

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie