went to look at the edge, liked the active and s7 better

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
been watching lots of review vids , went to the store to see and hold these phones and was impressed with the active(which wasn't on my list)...the edge is not for me, I'm kinda downgrading from the note series as I'm getting tired of hauling it around in my pockets it barely fits in. Now I'm trying to decide between the regular s7 and the s7 active..the bigger battery is a bonus, I'm not really a case person but I loved the looks of the camo back on the active... the s7 is beautiful with the bluish-black back....but I'm kinda nervous about dropping it and it shatter but putting a case on it is almost an injustice...what to do hmm. I'm pretty careful with my phone but I'm an outdoors person so delicate could be bad.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
been watching lots of review vids , went to the store to see and hold these phones and was impressed with the active(which wasn't on my list)...the edge is not for me, I'm kinda downgrading from the note series as I'm getting tired of hauling it around in my pockets it barely fits in. Now I'm trying to decide between the regular s7 and the s7 active..the bigger battery is a bonus, I'm not really a case person but I loved the looks of the camo back on the active... the s7 is beautiful with the bluish-black back....but I'm kinda nervous about dropping it and it shatter but putting a case on it is almost an injustice...what to do hmm. I'm pretty careful with my phone but I'm an outdoors person so delicate could be bad.
The S7 Active is a beast and in my opinion no other device can match all of its attributes.

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
You should read all the issues right now with the s7 active.

yeah ive read about the water penetration which doesn't concern me a lot, about the only time I have ever gotten a phone wet is running in during a rainstorm...I also know the screen basically already has a protector on it but supposedly it is replaceable( I don't like screen protectors either) but I couldnt tell a difference between the active and reg s7 side by side...its almost a coin flip for me right now which one I will get so IM forcing myself to wait till the end of the the week before I choose.

bkrell

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I put a glass screen protector on mine for some extra peace of mind and you cant tell it's there. The Active basically gives you a little more durable phone and an extra button on the side. Although...can't tell you how many times I've accidentally launched the DirecTV app with it.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
And a huge battery. Definitely get a glass screen protector if you get this phone though. I usually t them either but I had to make an exception this time.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
There's no issue with the active have a friend that just got it and love it he duncked he's in the tub ...and it still works try that with your phone

Posted via my note 5 are gs7 edge

bkrell

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Lol no offense but samsung has admitted the problem after consumer reports, CNET, and even people on this forum had phones that failed due to water when they shouldn't have.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
There's no issue with the active have a friend that just got it and love it he duncked he's in the tub ...and it still works try that with your phone

Posted via my note 5 are gs7 edge
What are you smoking Pugh? No issue? Just because your friends phone is OK and my phone is OK doesn't mean there's no issue! Come on even Samsung has acknowledged they have an issue they were able to identify. Jeesh!

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Fact are there have been some reported issue with a few phones . And samsung said the returned rate for perceived damaged phones are very low compared to sold units . So I personal wouldn't steer anyone away from this phone cause of a few reported issue . If that was the case you wouldn't be driving the car your driving now cause I'm sure it to had more then a few recalls . And that in itself doesn't mean every said car was affected are that is a bad car. I like to get things in perspective

Posted via my gs7 edge are my note 5 the beast

bkrell

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Maybe this is nitpicky, but...you know, that's fudgy language they're using about the return rate. Not everyone runs out and dunk tests their phone. I sure haven't. So just because phones haven't been returned doesn't mean there isn't a problem. We don't KNOW how widespread the issue is. But again, it's not just that there's a problem. It's the way they're addressing it.

Otherwise, the phone is brand new and while yes, it sucks for us early adopters, I in no way want to steer people away from the phone now that the problem is rectified. It's the best variant of the Galaxy line, IMHO. I continue to evangelize about it to my iPhone-owning friends.

Slade8525

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
You can disable the direct TV app and also change what that button launches.

yep just about any app. can launch them all with screen off or locked/secured. mine is
short press-camera
long press-flashlight
double-press-activity zone/s-health

And a huge battery. Definitely get a glass screen protector if you get this phone though. I usually t them either but I had to make an exception this time.

DEF get a glass screen protector. My battery after some simple tweaks lasts longer than my rooted/ROM'ed/tweaked S4 with 5200mah Anker. 38 hours average S7 Active with 8 hours screen on time vs 34 hours average S4 with 8 hours screen on time. Keep in mind S4 has 1200mah bigger battery; thats impressive as far as power management. S4 running tweaked/greenify/tasker (same tweaks as S7 Active) on Goldeneye int'l ROM 5.0.1 Lollipop vs S7 running stock 6.0.1 Marshmallow.

Maybe this is nitpicky, but...you know, that's fudgy language they're using about the return rate. Not everyone runs out and dunk tests their phone. I sure haven't. So just because phones haven't been returned doesn't mean there isn't a problem. We don't KNOW how widespread the issue is. But again, it's not just that there's a problem. It's the way they're addressing it.

Otherwise, the phone is brand new and while yes, it sucks for us early adopters, I in no way want to steer people away from the phone now that the problem is rectified. It's the best variant of the Galaxy line, IMHO. I continue to evangelize about it to my iPhone-owning friends.

expected to return the S7 Active after a week to ten days; really loved my S4, but its that much better, all around. Mostly people going out of their way to post about issues are the ones having them; my friends/family have 5 total, and i know of 2 others that have S7 Actives too; zero issues with any of them thus far.

bkrell

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
And yeah, I haven't had an issue either but no way I'm going out of my way to test it. Yeah I loved my S4 but this blows it out of the water. I ordered the gold bc I wanted something different. But I almost cancelled bc I thought it might be too feminine. But it looks great. Not tacky or anything. The back is very subdued and the front surrounding the screen is the only really shiny part.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam