S7 Active issue

JWBII

Mar 11, 2017
Visit site
Hello everyone I am coming from an iPhone and just bought an active. I'm happy with the phone but after 1 day of use and 1 full charge I'm having an issue. I would appreciate any advice anyone can give.

My screen will not respond to swipe or any form of touching. It says to swipe to unlock yet it does nothing when I swipe. Even if I get to the home screen with the apps and such by pressing buttons it won't respond when trying to touch anything.

Did I press a wrong button or something accidentally that you can think of?

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone I am coming from an iPhone and just bought an active. I'm happy with the phone but after 1 day of use and 1 full charge I'm having an issue. I would appreciate any advice anyone can give.

My screen will not respond to swipe or any form of touching. It says to swipe to unlock yet it does nothing when I swipe. Even if I get to the home screen with the apps and such by pressing buttons it won't respond when trying to touch anything.

Did I press a wrong button or something accidentally that you can think of?

Has the screen ever worked before? I'm assuming it did, right?

You may have to return to the place where you purchased the phone and get it traded for a different phone since I'm assuming you're still within a return window.

JWBII

Mar 11, 2017
Visit site
Yup just 1 day in and problems. I have 14 days to return. Is it a typical thing to have issues such as this with Samsung phones?

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh and yes everything worked great till probably an hour ago.

No, it's not typical with Samsung... I've had 6 (2 Note 4s, a Note 5, 2 Note 7s and now my S7 Active) Samsung phones now and the problems have been minimal for me anyway! I'd take it back and see what they have to say... it's obviously a screen issue.

bkrell

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Welcome from someone that also made that transition. Nope, not normal. Did you return the phone already? Gotta say I hope you exchanged for another Active or got your issue worked out at the store. I came over from an iPhone 6 Plus (after having an Active 4) and I'm completely happy with my Active now for the first time since we got the Nougat update last week. Battery life for me is amazing now. Facebook is finally playing nice with this phone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21