S7 active privacy mode not working

A

AC Question

Just got the phone, turned privacy mode on and set my pin.try to turn it on and I enter my pin and it keeps saying failed to turn on private mode. I've only done the factory updates and haven't touched anything else.

CJPenn2010

Mar 17, 2017
Visit site
Just got the phone, turned privacy mode on and set my pin.try to turn it on and I enter my pin and it keeps saying failed to turn on private mode. I've only done the factory updates and haven't touched anything else.

I'm having the same problem. Does anyone know what's happening or how to fix this? Except I have had private mode setup since I got the phone. This has only started since the new update. Please help!!

Red-Five

Mar 24, 2017
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Does anyone know what's happening or how to fix this? Except I have had private mode setup since I got the phone. This has only started since the new update. Please help!!

Same exact problem here. Set up private mode on an S5 using fingerprint scan. Fingerprint scanner broke, was locked out of private mode. FINALLY Android released an update that would allow me to use my alternate password and it worked fine. Then I upgraded to a Galaxy s7 Active, everything worked fine. Upgraded to Android 7, and now again when I try to enable private mode I get the "Failed to turn on Private Mode. Try again."

The only answers I can find about it are old ones suggesting to swap from ART runtime to Dalvik. But as far as I can tell Dalvik has been removed as an option for a while now... I tried turning on OEM unlocks, seemed to do nothing... And I tried the most obvious procedure, restarting the phone. I have no idea what else to try.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I've read all three of your posts and thought about a way I could help but I don't use Private Mode and don't know anyone on the Forum who does. I'll see if I can try and find someone to help out but try and be patient please - it may take a while!

AugustArborists

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I've only had this happen once, I restarted the phone and everything has been normal since. I'm sorry that you all are having this problem, hope it all works out though, perhaps an update is on the way.

Dudefab

Mar 26, 2017
Visit site
S7 active as well. Also having this issue on two separate devices since the 7.0 upgrade about a week ago. Samsung support said 'Sometimes updates break things '. Lovely.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I just went into my settings and into software updates. I pushed check for updates and it began the process.

Yeah, I can't remember what the actual "Android Security Patch Level" was before the update this morning but it says March 1st now. However, "Kernel Version" and "Security Enhancements for Android" both say March 16th which is well AFTER the March 6th Nougat OTA Update. It actually changes the Build Number too - *********BQC2 now!

Red-Five

Mar 24, 2017
Visit site
I just did a software update on my S7Active and it fixed this problem. Like literally just now.

Confirmed. Was just notified of an update, ran it, private mode works now. Being that this is the second time it has failed, I wonder if it is time to look for alternatives... But at least it is working for now.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Confirmed. Was just notified of an update, ran it, private mode works now. Being that this is the second time it has failed, I wonder if it is time to look for alternatives... But at least it is working for now.

Nah, I'm willing to bet there were some Nougat "bug fixes" in the update too and that's why your "Private Mode" works now!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12