S7 active battery issue

Loud_YJ

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys, since the Nougat update i have had terrible battery life. I usually would get home at 6:00 with 50-60% battery left over with 2-3 hour screen on time. Now its around 20-30% with 1-2 hours screen on time . I have wiped the cache and i run around 1/3 brightness. The only thing different is the Nougat update. Anyone having the same issues?
Thanks

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Quite the opposite - battery life has increased for almost everyone I've spoken with on this Forum and on XDA. You already Wiped Cache - that would have been my first guess. I'm not sure what the hayell could be going on there. Check your "New" "Device Maintenance" Tab in Settings and let it do it's thing... make sure it gets to 100%, then check the "Battery" Icon at the lower left - that will take you to another page that will give you some more data, then at the top, up beside the battery percentage, click "Battery Usage" - that might point you to a culprit!

Loud_YJ

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I updated the day the update came out. It has been rebooted several times. I have used the device manager multiple times a day and it doesn't seem to help at all. I am also on the optimized performance mode. As of right now at 1:20, i have had the phone off the charger for 6h and 50 min. 58 Min screen on time, zero videos played about 15 minutes of spotify playing and i am at 55% left. I am not sure what is going on but it is not good. Thanks for the help guys. this is frustrating to say the least.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I updated the day the update came out. It has been rebooted several times. I have used the device manager multiple times a day and it doesn't seem to help at all. I am also on the optimized performance mode. As of right now at 1:20, i have had the phone off the charger for 6h and 50 min. 58 Min screen on time, zero videos played about 15 minutes of spotify playing and i am at 55% left. I am not sure what is going on but it is not good. Thanks for the help guys. this is frustrating to say the least.
I use the "Mid" Battery Saving Mode and I really don't notice any Performance "hit" at all... usually shows (obviously not real life) around 56 hours left after coming off the charger, based on my usage over the last 7 days??? Accuracy - who knows?

55% left after what you listed does sound pretty sad... not sure what to say. Try "Mid" Battery Saving Mode - REALLY doesn't hurt anything - just give it a try.

Loud_YJ

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys. Thanks for all the help. I am running the mid battery setting as recommended and still not much better. I am at 7 hours off charger with 30 min of spotify and only 43 min of screen time and I am at 65%. I hate to have to do a factory reset but that may be my only hope.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Here's my results since removing from the charger at Friday night at 11:15 PM and it's been off the charger since!!! The screenshot was a 1:53 PM today - it's still at 28% right now!!! ??? NOTE: I must add - I am also running Greenify!

Screenshot_20.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12