Active button to record video?

evan_2k

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Hello all, has anyone setup the active button to automatically start recording video once pressed? I would like to have the ability to start recording without having to open the stock camera app and selecting video. I assume that the only way to do this is to download a video recording app from the play store.

Thanks, Evan

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
You can probably find an App that is video only but I think the "Active Button" will only Launch the App, not activate the "Record" function... that will be the trick. If you're trying to get it to happen with a single press, that is. Unless the App has something built in that will "Start Record on App Launch", then I'm not sure you can get what your looking for. You may have to "Launch" with the "Active Button" then hit a "Record" button! ??? Experiment...

It's under Settings>Advanced Features>Active Key (obviously) - select "Short Press" make sure it's "ON" then select the App you want to use. Hope this helps...

evan_2k

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
thanks for your reply. that's what I'm looking for, it to open and start recording all at once without me having to press the record button. while I'm working I usually keep my phone in my shirt pocket. if an incident happens I need to be able to record instantly. so far, I have it set to open the stock camera with a double press, then press the volume up button to start recording.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt