What microSD card are you buying for your S7?

mz7590

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Ive had SD cards break on me and ive lost all the information on them. From that expereince i decided that it was best to buy a Samsung Micro SD Card for my phone as opposed to some random cheap brand.

GaryD9

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
For those that missed it, there's a related "news" article on the AC homepage.

My problem with all this discussion is that people aren't actually sticking the cards into the target phone and testing them before recommending them. Paying a premium for a better product is understandable, but "better" is very subjective. If the Galaxy S7 isn't going to take advantage of higher max speeds, why pay for them?

I have a Samsung 128 GB "Pro+" UHS/U3 card which should be among the fastest available (95MB/sec read, 90MB/sec write), but in the Galaxy S7, it benchmarks no faster than an old UHS/U1 card. On that basis, I'd suggest people save their money and buy a much less expensive UHS/U1 card of the same size.

The really Bad Thing here (in my opinion) is the AC article that actually suggests some of these microSD cards for use in the S7 without actually testing them. They even go so far as to list "transfer speeds" on some of the cards, which leads a reader to (wrongly) believe that the cards might see anything near such speeds in the S7. That's VERY misleading on the part of AC.

AC: Why not actually TEST these microSD cards before recommending them? It really wouldn't take long, and the testing data would make your article much more informative and useful to your readers.

Bram Frank

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I had a 64 gig class 10 Adata that was in my S5 sitting around so I stuck it into the S7. It's completely full of music and it works, so . . . . . then again I could always just listen to Spotify and use the space for something else.

Appagon

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
If I decided to go with a 64gb sd card for starters could I upgrade to 200gb at a later date without losing data stored on the 64gb sd card. Is there a transfer or copy application that would let me move all the data from the 64gb sd to a 200gb sd card?

ocool

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi GaryD9! Please can you share any benchmark test of UHS/U1 and UHS/U3 cards on the S7? It's really interesting to see the results and is it unnecessary to spend money on U3 card. Thank you!

Guys, is there someone here using a Kingston SDCA3 128gb card on S7 or S7 Edge?

Luis Miguel Batista

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
evo+ is fine.. I have the 128gig.. its not a pro+ but it doesnt need to be.. its more then enough to handle 4K recording and burst shots are sent to internal storage. Anything else is just tech hard ons

while taking burst shots, they are sent to internal storage even if you selected the sd card storage?
im looking for a card to my s7 but dont want to give a arm and a leg to a U3 card...

Luis Miguel Batista

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
I´ve been recording some 4K videos and it seems to have a bitrate of about 6 MB/s, just don't know if it a fixed or variable bitrate during the recording...

So, why the need of top end cards with 60-70-80 MB/s of write?

here is my old 2GB class 10 Kingston that WORK flawless recording small 4K videos. Also reading the video from the card is flawless with this small speed...

View attachment 230882

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160626-235215.jpg
    Screenshot_20160626-235215.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis