Otterbox Defender Galaxy S7

drbol

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I have not, only because I read a post that it makes the phone rattle in the case. I guess there is some foam tape that fills in that gap that holds the screen protector on. I'm not much help, but that is my concern.

Posted via the Android Central App

drbol

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
To me it looks like a very very thin double sided foam tape. Between the screen protector to the case.

Posted via the Android Central App

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I usually rip mine out but I have not because no really good screen protectors or tempered glass for the S7 line. I'm just waiting for the Poetic Revolution comes and and ordering one of those. Their built in screen protectors are just like using tempered glass and fits tight to the screen. Otterbox screen protectors are garbage. I don't understand why for the price of Defenders they can't have a better screen protector. Supcase, Armorbox, and Poetic cases all have very tight fitting ones.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Anyone ripped the stock screen protector out of their Defender case yet?

Nope still got mine on. I'm going to just keep it on since there are not really any good screen protectors out there right now. I'm probably ordering the Incipio Performance series level 5 because it's slightly less bulky than a Defender and has built in protector that is easier to remove to clean but Im leaning maybe buying level four for a lot cheaper off amazon and going naked on the screen or buying just a standard protector for the screen.

Would you feel safe using no tempered glass on the S7 as long as the case has a nice lip to it?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Nope still got mine on. I'm going to just keep it on since there are not really any good screen protectors out there right now. I'm probably ordering the Incipio Performance series level 5 because it's slightly less bulky than a Defender and has built in protector that is easier to remove to clean but Im leaning maybe buying level four for a lot cheaper off amazon and going naked on the screen or buying just a standard protector for the screen.

Would you feel safe using no tempered glass on the S7 as long as the case has a nice lip to it?

I believe the Defender would hold one of these full screen tempered glass down just fine.
Just rip out the stock defender protector and see how the tempered glass would work.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I've done that before and it was fine. But the S7 has that very slight curve to it which causes the edges of the glass to not stick unless you buy the undersized one's that doesn't cover the whole screen. I hear the ones that don't stick to the edges collects dust and lint and even comes off if it gets stuck in your pocket. I ripped off the screen on my Note 5 Defender and used tempered glass.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995