Fingerprint scanner garbage?

ericmazariegos

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I may just be spoiled coming from a 6s, but this finger scanner is garbage!!! I've had to register my 1 thumb 3 times just to get it to work reliably. I only have 1 more slot that I've used for my other thumb. This is terrible. On my 6s I had my two thumbs and my two index fingers registered and it worked near flawlessly. On this Galaxy s7, it seems the finger scanner is too small to be reliable. What am I doing wrong?

Also, it seems that whenever you wake the phone up with the home button, there is a slight lag. Could this be because I have the quick launch for the camera active?

Please help this is terrible!!

Posted via the Android Central App

anticlutch

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
This is in the wrong section, but yes, I've noticed the fingerprint scanner isn't super accurate. With dry non-sweaty fingers I seem to get a 60-70% success rate, whereas my Nexus 6P would get 90-95%. I'm guessing it has something to do with the shape of the scanner (long skinny oblong vs. round) but it's pretty annoying. At least we don't have to swipe on the sensor like on the Note 4 :eek:

mcdanielnc89

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had a problem with it. Works almost 100% of the time for me. It's working better than the s6 did for me

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Your phone may have a defective device if it is that bad. I have the S7 Edge and compared to my 6P / iPhone 6 Plus it works pretty much the same.

moordact

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I think it's super effective , coming from the galaxy s6 the fingerprint works flawless..

on the s6 i had to leave my thump up for atleast a full second.. now just an instant touch will do the trick..

BearlyFloats

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Coming from a 6s, that I still daily as a work phone, I was expecting the scanner to perform worse than it does. I'm very happy with its quality.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
So far the s7 scanner seems great! My note5 works great too.

Wanna see a headache use one on the note4 lol!

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

bsbharath1987

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I had a 5X before which had a much better implementation of the fingerprint scanner. But I felt the S7 sensor works better than the one on the 5X with damp fingers; must have something to do with the S7 being a waterproof phone.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Mine works flawlessly on both the S6 and the S7! Never misses. At times it may ask to leave finger on for longer.
When you set it up, expose as much of your digit as you can so the canner can get a full map of your fingerprint and you'll never look back. Unless you have a wet finger 😄

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz