05-19-2017 10:31 PM
148 ... 456
tools
    So I am for first time on android for quite a while had iPhones since iPhone 5 love my galaxy s7. Having issue everyone else is. I made mistake jumped on the gadget guards black ice. Spent 40$ couldn't stand how far from edge it was. I then walked over to my Verizon which is reseller not corporate store, they use the pure gear brand. It does cover tiny amount more. Problem is guy got lint under it took off 25% off still paid 30$ so I'm down 70$ already both companies offered me exchange which will re sell to get little bit back of what I have spent. But my question is at this time I'm willing fake anything film or glass as long as it covers most of screen. I don't like these huge gaps. Can someone point me in direction of good one to use with otter box? I'm very frustrated at this point wishing never left iPhone neve had this issue with them.
    08-22-2016 08:19 PM
    So I am for first time on android for quite a while had iPhones since iPhone 5 love my galaxy s7. Having issue everyone else is. I made mistake jumped on the gadget guards black ice. Spent 40$ couldn't stand how far from edge it was. I then walked over to my Verizon which is reseller not corporate store, they use the pure gear brand. It does cover tiny amount more. Problem is guy got lint under it took off 25% off still paid 30$ so I'm down 70$ already both companies offered me exchange which will re sell to get little bit back of what I have spent. But my question is at this time I'm willing fake anything film or glass as long as it covers most of screen. I don't like these huge gaps. Can someone point me in direction of good one to use with otter box? I'm very frustrated at this point wishing never left iPhone neve had this issue with them.
    I'm using a Film protector from Gadgetshieldz on my S7.
    https://www.gadgetshieldz.com/samsun...ers-cases.html
    Have a look at the pictures, If you need.
    Samsung S7 Screen protector by Gadgetshieldz
    08-23-2016 01:05 AM
    Currently using Galaxy S7 Screen Protector Crystal – Spigen Inc.. Although I do wanna try out Gadget Shieldz screen protector, I still have a spare screen protector from Spigen, along with the one I currently have on my phone. I guess I'll use up those first before purchasing anything else.
    08-23-2016 02:41 AM
    I'm using a Film protector from Gadgetshieldz on my S7.
    https://www.gadgetshieldz.com/samsun...ers-cases.html
    Have a look at the pictures, If you need.
    Samsung S7 Screen protector by Gadgetshieldz
    Those r nice but problem is I use cases so it more likely peel off wouldn't it ?
    08-23-2016 04:34 AM
    Currently using Galaxy S7 Screen Protector Crystal – Spigen Inc.. Although I do wanna try out Gadget Shieldz screen protector, I still have a spare screen protector from Spigen, along with the one I currently have on my phone. I guess I'll use up those first before purchasing anything else.
    U use a case or no ?
    08-23-2016 04:35 AM
    U use a case or no ?
    I use the Spigen Neo Hybrid, all the spigen cases are suppose to be compatible with their screen protectors
    08-23-2016 06:13 AM
    I use the Spigen Neo Hybrid, all the spigen cases are suppose to be compatible with their screen protectors
    Might have give them a try these glass protectors just not doing it for me 70-80$ wasted - sigh -
    08-23-2016 08:59 AM
    I never used a hard case yet. I use rubberized case sometime but never seems to be peel off.
    08-26-2016 12:55 AM
    So the spigen ones worked. Only issue is my replacement glass came had someone install it FAILED. so back no screen protector again. Any other brands someone can recommend
    08-28-2016 03:00 AM
    Any other brands someone can recommend

Using the Armorsuit militaryshield. Applies wet and squeegee dry. Works great and most importantly, case friendly!

Watched some YouTube videos for tips when applying. Couldn't be happier! And it's under $8!

https://www.amazon.com/Armorsuit-Mil...cUvbUpU5374844
    08-28-2016 11:17 PM
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Screen Protector - InvisibleShield Glass Curve | ZAGG

Zagg's website under curved glass says coming soon, so is this another of the dot matrix styles or is this yet another style that they are trying?
    08-29-2016 10:18 PM
    Hello i decided to register to this forum to post about my experience. I have had a total screw around recently with the S7 world haha just last week i owned a S7 Edge and i loved it however i found no glass protector for it that would also work with my cases including Spigen Slim Armor which is a fantastic case. So it peeled off and cracked and that night i was without a protector my phone dropped due to being too drunk and well bye bye screen. it would cost $500 to replace so i went to my Carrier and got it replaced with a S7 today i got my Spigen Slim Armour case in the mail off Ebay Spigen and it is fitting perfectly but then i placed my tempered glass protector i got off my carrier $50 and it is super sensitive to touch and amazingly slim and fits all the way to the edge but again ... the case tries to peel it off.

I have just admitted defeat and decided ill have to either A use this caseless but have the screen protected with what i think is a very good tempered glass solution or B ill have to use a plastic one and then can use my Slim case.

To add some humor to my post ill admit that i tried to make my case "work" with the tempered glass by ... cutting the lip that goes over the screen, silly me didn't realize then that the case would fall off easy ... sigh
    09-09-2016 05:05 AM
    So i decided i will give this one more good try and i will post for you guys the results and if i can pictures. I have ordered this 0.2mm thin tempered glass curved for S7

Full Cover Tempered Glass Screen Protector FOR Samsung Galaxy S7 S6 Edge Note 7 | eBay

And i am ordering a new Spigen Slim Armor since i demolished the last one. IF i am faced with lifting which is highly possible i am going to try a ultra thin flathead screwdriver and go beneath the LIP of the case and force it above the glass protector very carefully, i will prior to this place the rubber part of the case in very hot water for 20mins to make it easier to perform this task. In doing so when it cools and hardens i am hoping for the result of it hardening OVER the top of the Glass protector and therefore it not lifting it up.

I know you are all in search of a result so i will update within 1 week as my case and protector wont be here at least until about Thursday / Friday. Wish me luck, i hope i can nail this one haha.
    09-09-2016 08:59 AM
    Hey all, I know this is probably the same order that everyone else is looking for, but I also know that new product is released probably every week. I'm looking for a dry film that I can buy for relatively cheap (>$15 at the absolute maximum but usually not willing to spend more than $9) for the regular S7. I use a Spigen Neo Hybrid with the lip around the front so it has to be case friendly or at least work with that case. Also, I would prefer it especially for film if I at least got multiples in a pack, if I wanted to spend $10 on one protector I'd just try fiddling with glass again.

I'm currently using the Spigen Curved Crystal which is almost disgustingly brittle and scratches too easily. If this was just more durable it would be perfect. It always seems like there's one major drawback for every product so far.

Also, please don't suggest wet-apply ones like ArmorSuit, IQ, etc. I've tried them, and even in a steamed room I always end up with dust underneath, and at least with the dry ones I can get it with tape. With the wet ones no matter what I use - tape, even my own fingers with solution on it, I can't get it out and just cause more to go in. No more wet protectors, I can't do them. The reason I had to pass on the Edge which I otherwise liked more was because the only protectors that work for it are wet apply and I know I can't put them on.
    09-11-2016 12:42 PM
    I'm beginning to feel the same way. Never knew all these curved surfaces would cause such a problem. I'm still trying to find someone who can tell me if the wireless charging will work with the Otterbox defender case. Otterbox the company will not comment one way or the other.
    09-28-2016 06:06 PM
    I'm beginning to feel the same way. Never knew all these curved surfaces would cause such a problem. I'm still trying to find someone who can tell me if the wireless charging will work with the Otterbox defender case. Otterbox the company will not comment one way or the other.
    I have the symmetry and it isn't an issue, but can't speak for the Defender.
    09-29-2016 08:10 AM
    Yes wireless charging will work with the defender case on the S7.
    10-01-2016 03:33 AM
    I picked up a Tzumi brand glass at Wal-Mart. It was 10 bucks and as all the others it has a halo. The cover has a slogan saying it is always there but never seen......yes its there and it is always seen. For 10 bucks it is worth the price since you don't have to wait for shipping. Instalation was easy and came with a slide on applicator. You position the bottom of the glass in the applicator and drop it on, then push out the bubbles. Easiest install I have ever done. It was for my wife's phone and she is happy with it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    So I bought 2 of these - 1 for my girlfriends S7 and one for mine. Hers ended up with a halo but she has no touch issues. Mine ended up with no halo at all - but I have touch issues. I took mine off and now have a Skinomi MatteSkin on. It has the same issue with peeling on the edges with a case. I am using an OtterBox Symmetry. I kind of fixed the peeling issue by lifting around the edges of the case and using a thin CC to press down the protector edges, but it isnt perfect. I also seem to have on again off again touch issues with spacebar. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it doesnt.
    01-04-2017 08:41 AM
    i was looking at amfilm tempered glass screen protector but he amazon uk reviews put me off any other recommendations ?
    01-25-2017 01:10 PM
    Hi, new to this forum.
    Have been using tech21 protector. Pros - matt finish, no scratches, it saved my phone when screwdriver hit it. Cons - wet application and edges lift up !
    I'm on the second one but still on the hunt for perfect one.
    Case - Ringke Slim. V. happy with it !
    02-09-2017 03:30 PM
    So i decided i will give this one more good try and i will post for you guys the results and if i can pictures. I have ordered this 0.2mm thin tempered glass curved for S7

Full Cover Tempered Glass Screen Protector FOR Samsung Galaxy S7 S6 Edge Note 7 | eBay

And i am ordering a new Spigen Slim Armor since i demolished the last one. IF i am faced with lifting which is highly possible i am going to try a ultra thin flathead screwdriver and go beneath the LIP of the case and force it above the glass protector very carefully, i will prior to this place the rubber part of the case in very hot water for 20mins to make it easier to perform this task. In doing so when it cools and hardens i am hoping for the result of it hardening OVER the top of the Glass protector and therefore it not lifting it up.

I know you are all in search of a result so i will update within 1 week as my case and protector wont be here at least until about Thursday / Friday. Wish me luck, i hope i can nail this one haha.
    Well how did that curved tempered glass screen protector work out? I'm hoping to find one that works well and works with a case. Some pople reported problems with the ZAGG curved tempered glass screen protector so I am not even considering that at the moment.

Thanks
    05-13-2017 04:56 PM
    Well how did that curved tempered glass screen protector work out? I'm hoping to find one that works well and works with a case. Some pople reported problems with the ZAGG curved tempered glass screen protector so I am not even considering that at the moment.

Thanks
    I would like to know it too. I am spending hours trying to decide which one suits my new Samsung s7 without the Spigen tough armor case pushing it away. So far after tens of videos and hundreds of comments it seems that the Spigen Curver Crystal is the best one. BUT question:

by wandering on the spigen website I have come across the tempered glass Galaxy S7 Screen Protector GLAS.tR SLIM HD, which they claim to be case friendly! Why I didn't see anywhere talking about it at all? Anyone knows anything about it?
    05-15-2017 03:28 PM
    I would like to know it too. I am spending hours trying to decide which one suits my new Samsung s7 without the Spigen tough armor case pushing it away. So far after tens of videos and hundreds of comments it seems that the Spigen Curver Crystal is the best one. BUT question:

by wandering on the spigen website I have come across the tempered glass Galaxy S7 Screen Protector GLAS.tR SLIM HD, which they claim to be case friendly! Why I didn't see anywhere talking about it at all? Anyone knows anything about it?
    If you look at the reviews on the spigen website of that tempered glass screen protector, people complain that it doesn't stick around the outside of it. That's the complaint everyone has of many of the glass screen protectors. Spigen says it stops where the screen curve begins but that is false advertising IMO because if you look at your screen it has a slight curve much earlier than where their screen protector stops.
    05-19-2017 10:31 PM
148 ... 456