Tried two cases already. [SOLVED]

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I first tried the Speck case that Verizon sells. The grip bars are too irritating to hold and the biggest issue is I can't place objects to the side of the screen because the front lip of the Speck Candyshell Grip is too high. I returned it to verizon and bought a case with a much smaller lip which is great, BUT the case is ultra slippery! It is a black Incipio from Verizon.

I just looked on amazon for S7 cases and it's overwhelming. Can someone please recommend a thin silicone case that has a reasonably low profile front lip so I can swipe to the edge of the screen? Either Amazon or Best Buy please. I need to get this thing replaced before I drop the phone. The feel of it is like it is coated with talcum power if you know what I mean. It is about the slipperiest case I've ever gotten and has to go back the moment I get a case that I can hang onto.

From what I just read about case materials, perhaps it is TPU gel that has the texture that I want, rather than silicone?

EDIT: Received a clear TPU case that works great for me.

Last edited:

TheDude70

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: Tried two cases already. Desperately need a silicone, thin, grippy case ASAP. HELP!

Try the tech21 Evo. U should be able to get it at best buy. Low profile and really great edge protection in case of a drop

Posted via the Android Central App

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Tried two cases already. Desperately need a silicone, thin, grippy case ASAP. HELP!

thanks but I want less protection. :) I want it really thin. Just something to give the phone some grip in my hand. Minimal bulk.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Tried two cases already. Desperately need a silicone or TPU, thin, grippy case ASAP. HELP!

Amazon.com: Galaxy S7 Case, LUVVITT [Sleek Armor] Slim Shock Absorbing Flexible Back Cover TPU Rubber Case for Samsung Galaxy S7 - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

EDIT: the above item is not going to work for me due to the 1.4mm ridge on the front. that is identical in height to the Speck case I returned to Verizon today.

Amazon.com: S7 Case, LK Ultra [Slim Thin] Scratch Resistant TPU Gel Rubber Soft Skin Silicone Protective Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy S7 (Clear): Electronics

Comments on these please if you have tried either or both.

Last edited:

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Tried two cases already. Desperately need a silicone or TPU, thin, grippy case ASAP. HELP!

I've got a TPU case coming from Amazon. We'll see how high the lip is on that one, and how grippy it is...

anticlutch

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

Check my post here. I've included a link to the Amazon page as well as some closeups of the case on the phone. It's a thin TPU gel-style case that isn't too bulky and lets me swipe in from the sides pretty easily. If you need something even thinner, go to eBay and try searching for 0.3mm TPU cases for the S7; I have one on my phone right now and they're very thin (but don't offer much protection other than against scratches/scuffs).

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

thanks! I didn't see that one before. if the one I get in the next day or two has too high of a lip, I'll try the tauri.

anticlutch

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

Honestly though, if you want thin with minimal lip you need to get the eBay ones. this one seems like it's similar to the eBay style of 0.3mm TPU cases but I can't be certain. I ordered it today so I should have it by tomorrow... I'll post up a verdict when I receive the product.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Found a case on eBay for $3. Very thin, ships from China so I'm still waiting for it. The one I currently have is about 2 mm thin and it adds too much bulk to the phone

Posted via the Android Central App

Ronald Coleman

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I bought an insignia clear cover from best buy. It is awesome. I paid 14 for it. By all means buy the zagg tempered screen protector, it saved me from expensive screen repairs in the past. They come with lifetime replacements. Crack the protector, simply sign on to zagg and request a replacement. Replacement comes with envelope to send back cracked one. Apply new one and you are good to go. Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908