ZAGG Glass Curved now available

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
So the otterbox defender for the s7 edge will work with the zagg curved glass ?

Posted via the Android Central App

Yes, a perfect combination. Look for my pictures a few pages back in this thread.
The Samsung Pay is very hard to activate and the Notification Shade in hard to pull down with this combo.

scotiez

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Well the Zagg Glass curve only lasted a few hours on my phone. I felt the decrease in touch sensitivity was a far worse thing to put up with then the halo the former tempered glass screen protector had. How ever with that being said i am DONE with screen protectors. My phone is only going to have a minimal case like the official Samsung leather cover my phone is sporting right now. I rarely drop my phone, I do not go to sandy places like the beach. I wear a nice leather belt clip holster for caring my phone instead of putting it in my pocket. I bought my high end smart phone for all the features it has. I am not going to loose the sensitivity of some of these features for a screen protector when it comes with a screen that is suppose to be scratch resistant. Thanks for everyone posting there opinions and what screen protectors they have tried. It was very knowledgeable and put with my own experience is why i am never putting on a screen protector again. The naked glass screen thats on the galaxy s7 is so nice to use. Makes me wish i never wasted the money on screen protectors.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Well the Zagg Glass curve only lasted a few hours on my phone. I felt the decrease in touch sensitivity was a far worse thing to put up with then the halo the former tempered glass screen protector had. How ever with that being said i am DONE with screen protectors. My phone is only going to have a minimal case like the official Samsung leather cover my phone is sporting right now. I rarely drop my phone, I do not go to sandy places like the beach. I wear a nice leather belt clip holster for caring my phone instead of putting it in my pocket. I bought my high end smart phone for all the features it has. I am not going to loose the sensitivity of some of these features for a screen protector when it comes with a screen that is suppose to be scratch resistant. Thanks for everyone posting there opinions and what screen protectors they have tried. It was very knowledgeable and put with my own experience is why i am never putting on a screen protector again. The naked glass screen thats on the galaxy s7 is so nice to use. Makes me wish i never wasted the money on screen protectors.
After taking my spigen curved crystal off I have enjoyed the phone so much more without the screen protector. Like you said this is such a great phone and it is so nice to look at. I found myself looking at scratches on my screen protector and nasty fingerprint smudge marks that made my phone look constantly dirty and greasy. These screens are supposed to be scratch resistant but they definitely aren't. Over time you will notice small hair line scratches under certain lighting situations. Happened to my iPhone too and I take very good care of my devices. Not sure why Samsung can't figure out a scratch free glass.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
After taking my spigen curved crystal off I have enjoyed the phone so much more without the screen protector. Like you said this is such a great phone and it is so nice to look at. I found myself looking at scratches on my screen protector and nasty fingerprint smudge marks that made my phone look constantly dirty and greasy. These screens are supposed to be scratch resistant but they definitely aren't. Over time you will notice small hair line scratches under certain lighting situations. Happened to my iPhone too and I take very good care of my devices. Not sure why Samsung can't figure out a scratch free glass.

I agree that taking off the screen protector makes the phone look and feel better. The only reason I keep mine on is that 1-2 years down the road, I plan on selling the phone (as I have always done), and having the screen in flawless condition does help with the resale value.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I agree that taking off the screen protector makes the phone look and feel better. The only reason I keep mine on is that 1-2 years down the road, I plan on selling the phone (as I have always done), and having the screen in flawless condition does help with the resale value.

Agreed, I want to enjoy my phone to the fullest now though so if I have to take a hit later on it will be worth it to me. Most of the time whoever buys the phone will put a protector on it and you don't even see the small scratches it accumulates over time bc the screen protector covers them.

scotiez

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site

I used to feel this way... but i am paying top dollar for my high end device. So i am going to get my money out of it instead of keeping in top condition for someone else

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm not too impressed with it. It's on perfect and it still had issues registering my touches. I feel like I have to press harder on certain locations of the screen.. Dammit

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why it's so difficult. Don't the iPhones also have the 2.5d glass? And don't they have plenty of quality tempered glass?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Right now I'm using my Incipio peformance series level 4 case that doesn't have the builtin protector. I have the level 5 case too and the screen protector blows on it. It's tight fitting but very cloudy. The Otterbox Defender has a better one but still the slight gap in it and collects dust over time and the screen can scratch anyways when you get dirt under the protector.

This Incipio level 4 is rated 13ft drop though so hopefully it's fine. When I had my Galaxy S2 I had that 3DO case that Tmobile sold that is now under the tech 21 name with no screen protector and it fell face first about 2 feet on pavement and was fine and the S2 didn't ever scratch.

Only perfect screen protector that's built in and has worked good is the Supcase Unicorn. however I feel that case doesn't have the shock protection I want.

Why is the S7 so hard to find a durable case and tempered glass? The Note 5 wasn't this hard and the S6 wasn't as well.

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
My theory is the bezel. The galaxy has such little side bezel compared to the iPhone. It kinda stinks you pay so much for this phone and you cant even properly protect it.

Last edited:

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
So awhile ago I ordered a cheap glass screen protector off Amazon by amfilm I removed the zagg glass and installed this cheap one and I will say night and day difference. It also works with my case. I can only seem to find black and silver on amazon right now amfilm tempered glass for galaxy s7 I will try to post a link in case anyone is interested

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why it's so difficult. Don't the iPhones also have the 2.5d glass? And don't they have plenty of quality tempered glass?

Hey Luke, yes I had an iPhone 6s Plus and they have the same issue with tempered glass halo-ing. If you have the white iPhone though you don't see the haloing stick out as much on the black.

revitupmx5

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
So awhile ago I ordered a cheap glass screen protector off Amazon by amfilm I removed the zagg glass and installed this cheap one and I will say night and day difference. It also works with my case. I can only seem to find black and silver on amazon right now amfilm tempered glass for galaxy s7 I will try to post a link in case anyone is interested

No silver

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
After using it now for a few days I'm gonna say it kinda blows as well. Installed a new zagg HD clear from.best buy. Best one I've found so far for the s7.

billyjoebob007

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Anyone find a case for the egde yet that doesnt push up/separate the zagg ?
I bought a couple different ones of this case:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...ONES-1-/252160730363?var=&hash=item3ab5f364fb
They have many different designs, and i had a coule i switched between on my note3 and over 4 years the paint didnt fade or rub off. On the s7 edge the corner protection is a bit minuscule, i mean the case covers the corners but there is no rubber bumper protection. The case though doesnt push up/separate the zagg though so thats what im using now untill a better alternative comes along.