Should I use Incipio Level 5 with screen protector or level 4 with none?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
So I got two new cases for my S7. Level 5 Incipio performance series case that has a built in screen protector and a level 4 case which is very slightly less thicker but doesn't have a built in protector.

Anyways the level 5 built in protector fits very flush to the screen and responds well but it is VERY fuzzy and takes away from the clarity of the screen.

The Level 4 is very similar to the level 5 but no built in screen protector and is slightly less thick and slightly less lip but still rated for 12 ft fall.

Anyways would it be safe to use the level 4 without tempered glass or a screen protector? Will the screen scratch without a protector or shatter if I dropped it in the parking lot or tile?

Also I did order some tempered glass and a cheap stick on protector. I see what everyone means by halo. The glass protector was a total farce. I never seen a halo that bad on any phone I've had. Now I can see why most are not using tempered glass. I tried the stick on one and it scratches way too easily.