Can i remove the belt clip from an otterbox defender

beviecaye

Jun 11, 2016
Visit site
my husband need the protection of the otterbox... this is our 4th over several years with different phones. he really likes the holster protection when phone is IN his pocket... he hates the belt clip... does anyone know how to remove the clip without breaking the holster piece? thanks in advance

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I am not sure this is possible. Perhaps if you could keep cutting the clip away, sooner or later you can get to a point where the clip is gone, but the pivot point would still be there.

beviecaye

Jun 11, 2016
Visit site
thank you.... for your time.. i'm afraid i'll break the holster if i try to pry it off.... but wish they made one with holster only .... the first one we had years ago you could remove the clip there was a lever to do so... but last couple of them he has just endured the clip ... was hoping to be able to get it off :(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
They may have changed it due to the removable part wearing out or breaking. Something like that is often difficult to guess why.

Maybe a way around it is to use the clip to attach to the edge of the pocket with the phone on the inside?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
A hillbilly solution. You have been warned.

Get a fine toothed hacksaw blade. Stick it between the clip and the holster at the top. Cut your way through, then sand the rough spot down.

I warned you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid