Best way to use the official Backpack case?

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Well I noticed that the price of these have come down substantially so I have one on order.

I did my research so I know all of the strikes against it. However I am a sucker for OEM accessories and I wanted a solution that keeps the bottom open so there you go.

The way I see it, there are two or three potential ways to use it. 1: leave it powered on and allow it to trickle charge as you use your phone or 2: power it on when the phone battery is low and let it top up your phone to as high as it will go which looks to be about 50% due to its capacity. Or maybe 3: top up in little chunks when down about 20 to 30% or so.

Anyone have any preferences? I suppose the answer would apply to anyone using any battery case... Eg Mophie... So it doesn't really matter if you use the backpack if you have a preference for trickle charging vs top up charging. Is there any real difference?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I generally wait till around 50% and then turn it on. Mine only has around half the capacity of the battery, so it works out well... I take it on big days just to be sure I don't run out of charge...

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks that sounds like a good idea. I wasn't going to use it daily but rather like you mentioned when I know it will be a tough day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1