Do any Galaxy S7 screen protectors actually fit?

A

AC Question

Hi there folks, recently upgraded to a galaxy S7, and immediately bought a tempered glass screen protector (kany 3D), but it only adheres on the very edges. This means that there is a gap between the screen and protector, making the screen hard to use and insensitive, and reducing the display quality. Usually, they 'stick' to the screen just buy surface friction, and make no perceptible difference to the experience. I've searched high and low, but I'm really struggling to find an S7 screen protector with glowing reviews, and which doesn't share this issue! The problem seems to be that they've tried to encompass the slight curve at the edge of the screen, rather than just covering the flat portion and leaving a small border.

I'd be extremely grateful for any help and advice that anyone can offer!

Many thanks. :D

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi there folks, recently upgraded to a galaxy S7, and immediately bought a tempered glass screen protector (kany 3D), but it only adheres on the very edges. This means that there is a gap between the screen and protector, making the screen hard to use and insensitive, and reducing the display quality. Usually, they 'stick' to the screen just buy surface friction, and make no perceptible difference to the experience. I've searched high and low, but I'm really struggling to find an S7 screen protector with glowing reviews, and which doesn't share this issue! The problem seems to be that they've tried to encompass the slight curve at the edge of the screen, rather than just covering the flat portion and leaving a small border.

I'd be extremely grateful for any help and advice that anyone can offer!

Many thanks. :D

Not sure if you are going to like my suggestion, but I have one.
I picked up a cheap tempered glass screen protector that doesn't cover the slight curved sides.
BUT it adheres to the screen like you want.
Now. I know this is not the ideal part, BUT. I personally have an Otterbox Defender for my S7. I rip off the crappy built in screen protector, and use the tempered glass, now the great part is that the Otterbox covers the slight curved area so you still get the tempered protection, and the slight area that the tempered glass doesn't cover is already protected by the case itself.

Just a suggestion. I am all for protection and could care less what my phone looks like. Or the weight. Personally I like to sell my phone as mint 2 years later ;)
But you could be different.

Last edited:

Oli Frost

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
Not sure if you are going to like my suggestion, but I have one.
I picked up a cheap tempered glass screen protector that doesn't cover the slight curved sides.
BUT it adheres to the screen like you want.
Now. I know this is not the ideal part, BUT. I personally have an Otterbox Defender for my S7. I rip off the crappy built in screen protector, and use the tempered glass, now the great part is that the Otterbox covers the slight curved area so you still get the tempered protection, and the slight area that the tempered glass doesn't cover is already protected by the case itself.

Just a suggestion. I am all for protection and could care less what my phone looks like. Or the weight. Personally I like to sell my phone as mint 2 years later ;)
But you could be different.

Hi there, thanks for your reply! I'm certainly of the same mindset as you! Which screen protector have you got then? It seems that all the ones I can find have this issue with the curved sides..... Thanks

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi there, thanks for your reply! I'm certainly of the same mindset as you! Which screen protector have you got then? It seems that all the ones I can find have this issue with the curved sides..... Thanks

Honestly, again, in my opinion. I refuse to spend 12 to 20 bucks for a name brand screen protector.
I went on eBay. I am in Canada, so I found a local seller. Where they clearly state in their description:

**Please note the glass is straight and therefore does not cover the curved part of the screen. Please see the pictures**

Here is the guy I buy from. NEVER had an issue with the quality of the screen protectors I have bought form him. Great clarity, strong, never had issues.

Samsung Galaxy S7 G930F High Quality Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector | eBay

GerGa

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, again, in my opinion. I refuse to spend 12 to 20 bucks for a name brand screen protector.
I went on eBay. I am in Canada, so I found a local seller. Where they clearly state in their description:

**Please note the glass is straight and therefore does not cover the curved part of the screen. Please see the pictures**

Here is the guy I buy from. NEVER had an issue with the quality of the screen protectors I have bought form him. Great clarity, strong, never had issues.

Samsung Galaxy S7 G930F High Quality Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector | eBay

Is that screen protector as narrow as the pictures suggest? Can you post a pic of yours? It seems like the screen does start to curve slightly before the edge of the LCD though so if it went to the edge of the LCD it might not sit flat.

rcrew9

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I use the tempered glass protector from amFilm. It leaves the slightest gap between the protector and the edge of the device so that a case won't push it off like other curved ones that are not actually tempered glass. The gap between the case and the protector is so small that I can't get my fingernail between them. I use a Magpul Field case and a Spigen Tough Armor case.

I notice a very slight decrease in sensitivity around the edge, but I tend to have issues with the edges even without the protector. This is my first phone with curved glass, so I m still adjusting to it. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CDVZAH...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5814372

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois