Do you use a "rugged" case for your S7 Edge?

Drew Kozub

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi, S7 Edge owners! I'm looking for a better idea of what my options are for a tough, rugged, case for my S7 Edge. I've heard these are more susceptible to screen cracking. It doesn't matter so much if the case is bulky, I just want something that will protect my phone from anything it goes through (water resistant is a bonus, but not essential).

What "rugged" case do you use for the S7 Edge?

Do you like it?

How come?

What's the best feature?

Thanks!

Drew

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I just use an Otterbox Symmetry. I like that it's not bulky (I don't know how people deal with the Defender cases...) but keeps my fingers/palms off the edges. The buttons are a little tough to press but it's not that big of deal for me. It's a good case and it only cost me like 30 bucks at Verizon with my state-employee discount. It's also a little slippery so be careful setting it back down on something. Mine slid off something I set it on on my kitchen counter and fell face first on the floor, but survived with no damage.

Drew Kozub

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Cool! I was looking at Otterbox options for the S7 Edge and saw the commuter, but didn't think it was beefy enough. Thanks for the info!

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I just like the Symmetry because it's a single piece like the Speck cases (which is what I used on my S5) instead of 2 like the commuter, and the symmetry doesn't have the little port flaps like the commuter. Sure, dust might eventually work its way in but by the time that causes any issues I'll already be on my next phone...