Is there such a thing as a fast charge use cable?

purpleparrotuk

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Just received my Samsung wireless charging stand. It's great apart from the usb cable is far too short. I added a usb extension lead and it no longer fast charges. Is the usb different to normal ones?

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Just received my Samsung wireless charging stand. It's great apart from the usb cable is far too short. I added a usb extension lead and it no longer fast charges. Is the usb different to normal ones?

I don't believe so... I took one of my fast charge adapters to work and use it with just a regular microUSB cable I had and fast charging works. I'm not familiar with the cable that comes with the wireless charger. Is it a fixed cable or just a microUSB cable? My guess is that there being 2 cables is what's causing your issue with the connection between the two cable being the culprit.

purpleparrotuk

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe so... I took one of my fast charge adapters to work and use it with just a regular microUSB cable I had and fast charging works. I'm not familiar with the cable that comes with the wireless charger. Is it a fixed cable or just a microUSB cable?
It's an exact replica of the lead and charger that came with the edge. I have a longer cable I can try. Not sure why the extender didn't work.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
It's an exact replica of the lead and charger that came with the edge. I have a longer cable I can try. Not sure why the extender didn't work.

I edited right before you replied. I'm betting it's just having two cables together causing issues. I'm not sure WHY but I just know I haven't had problems with my other USB I've been using. Unless there's something different about the wireless charger for some reason.

I think the USB I'm using is actually the one that came with my Moto RazrMaxx back before I got my S5 (so a 4 year old USB...). Definitely no fast charging going on when that one was made. lol.

purpleparrotuk

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I edited right before you replied. I'm betting it's just having two cables together causing issues. I'm not sure WHY but I just know I haven't had problems with my other USB I've been using. I think it's actually the one that came with my Moto RazrMaxx back before I got my S5 (so a 4 year old USB...). Definitely no fast charging going on when that one was made. lol.

Cheers, will give my other cable a go tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol