Leather cover case for s7 edge

jaleelhamidd

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone tried the official leather cover case for the s7 edge I ordered it on ebay but it's going to take about 2 months from Korea lol

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Which one? The wallet with LED or the one covering just the back? I got the back panel cover thing in black.

Last edited:

jaleelhamidd

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
This is what I ordered the official Samsung s7 edge leather cover just covers the back

a395d924872af9245add88aaf5d27952.jpg

bmandrews7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I've got the tan version on its way to me today, c£20 via Amazon etc...

Had their cases before and they're very good!

Good to know. I have Never used them before. Saw a review of it from YouTube. Looks like it will be perfect for me.

Please reply to let me know if it has sleep/wake functionality. I don't think it does but would to know.

Posted via the Android Central App

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
This is what I ordered the official Samsung s7 edge leather cover just covers the back

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160518/a395d924872af9245add88aaf5d27952.jpg
Yeah I have that as my case. Nice good grip. Doesn't cover the edge panels a lot though. There's still a certain angle where when dropped the phone could hit sceeen first on the floor, but it's a very specific angle and I think it's unlikely the phone will fall that way.

It also doesn't do much damage to the phone's aesthetics. Some people actually thought I didn't have a case. But then I have a black case on the black S7 Edge. Color blends well with the finish.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Where are you guys buying the case from? I can't find it on Samsung's website, I also see they have a Brown leather variant.
I'm not in the US, and it's on the official Samsung site for my country. Samsung has actual physical stores here so one can just walk in and buy these stuff.

SteveyAsp

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Where are you guys buying the case from? I can't find it on Samsung's website, I also see they have a Brown leather variant.
I don't know where you are, I'm in the UK and I bought it from a company called Mobile Fun.
It's pricey at £40 but it's very nice, in fact it's nicer than the one's Apple do for the iPhone as the leather is much softer

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I've been interested in the official leather case right from the start but haven't ever seen it in stock anywhere. Tempted to get it from mobile fun but £40 isn't cheap! How is it holding up? Does it cover the top and bottom or is it all open? Using a spigen thin fit case at the moment which I do really like but a premium case would fit with the phone so much better!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I've been interested in the official leather case right from the start but haven't ever seen it in stock anywhere. Tempted to get it from mobile fun but £40 isn't cheap! How is it holding up? Does it cover the top and bottom or is it all open? Using a spigen thin fit case at the moment which I do really like but a premium case would fit with the phone so much better!

Covers the top but the bottom is open, with only corner bumpers. It's holding up nicely in my case.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I decided to get this to give it a go. Arrived a few hours ago. Initial thoughts compared to the spigen thin fit that I was using is that the leather case is less sticky than the spigen. Better for putting in and out of pocket but feels a bit more likely to slip out of my hand. I wonder if the leather will become more grippy as it ages.

The sides are thicker than the spigen which gives a bit more to hold on to which I like and still doesn't impact on the edge screen.

Whilst I don't like the idea of the bottom being exposed, useability wise I actually quite like it. The home button and capacitive keys seem a bit nicer to use without the ridge from the case just below them.

Will definitely leave this on for a while and see how I go. Pretty pleased so far. It does feel nice in the hand and components the phone well

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung lewther case finally came in the mail and omg I love it lol the best case
Love the looks of it. Too bad the raised lips on the top and bottom corners are a bit too small. Would have liked them a bit taller. Currently looking for a tempered glass protector to go with it.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm really pleased with it having used it over the weekend. But I would agree that protection at the bottom is a bit too limited. The case hardly even raises above the screen. I'm sticking with it though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome