Protection Plan/Warranty on your S7 Edge?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Just pre-ordered my Onyx S7 Edge for AT&T on Best Buy. I'm coming from a 6s Plus that I've had since December. One thing I love about Apple is the AppleCare+ that gives me peace of mind in case I break my stuff ( I typically buy stuff outright, so I like to make sure my investment is safe).

What is anyone doing to protect their new toy? The Geek Squad protection at Best Buy is outrageous, so I'm passing on that. I don't want to pay AT&T every month, and the deductible is pretty high. SquareTrade looks to be the best option at $109. Any other options out there that I'm missing? Thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You might want to check your credit cards and maybe even your Home/Renter's insurance. Some offer little-known protection for household items like phones. Just ask them if, should you file a claim, how would that affect your monthly rate (if at all).

James_jr

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I have just preorder Samsung S7 Edge this pass Tuesday! I am making the jump from S3 to S7 Edge. I am looking at Samsung Protection Plus Mobile Elite for $129.00 2 years (Cover accidental damage from handling) and LoJack Absolute Premier 3 years Theft Protection for $99.00 with ($600.00 guarantee recovery). Do you have any better suggestion?

I AM NOW GOING TO THE EDGE!!

HobbesGrrr

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Samsung offers a protection plan and from what I can tell it is good for 2 years, costs $129 and the deductible for the claim is only $79
Visit the Samsung website for all details. samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/P-GT-AKXXT0HC

All new Samsung mobile devices come with a one-year Samsung manufacturer's warranty. Samsung Protection Plus provides additional coverage for damages caused by accidents such as drops, spills, and/or cracked screens for the length of your plan.

Samsung Protection Plus provides:
Coverage for accidental damage, like drops, spills and/or cracked screens
Coverage for mechanical/electrical breakdowns (after the manufacturer's warranty expires)
Replacements are shipped next business day, Monday through Friday, once a claim is approved
Customer Support is available 7 days a week (9AM - 9PM EST) by calling 866-553-3239

Yes, there is a $79 deductible per claim for accidental damage claims only.

SR45

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
I tried to get Samsungs protection, but was told that if I had Verizion as my carrier, samsung will not give you the protection and would have to get it else where. Tried 3 days before someone at samsung told me this. Online application for the insurance would not take my IEMI number at all. If you have a different outcome with this samsung insurance, and verizon as your carrier, please let me know.

rkkeller

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
I signed up for the $8 a month ATT insurance until I see how sturdy I think the phone is. I hope to cancel after 1 month as I never needed insurance in all these years and years, just playing it safe the first month.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm giving Upsie a try. $49.99 for a two year plan, $25 deductible, local fix or ship away. I have had such terrible experiences with Assurant (T-Mobile's provider) that I don't want to give them another penny. I've had good luck with Squaretrade, too.

https://upsie.com/smartphone-warranty/
I looked at Upsie but was concerned bc they would not give me a list of possible repair locations. Their prices are good but if I have an ATT phone I want Samsung or ATT to repair it, and Upsie could not guarantee that.

To clarify, I would want to pay for the fix out of pocket after getting pre-approval from Upsie, then submit my receipt for reimbursement, just like SquareTrade. Upsie would not give me a definitive answer on how/when/where I could get the repair preformed. I am not interested in a cheaper version of Asurian(they are horrible IMO and I have routinely had horrible experiences getting damaged phones back as an exchange).

cruisx

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
So I am in Canada and I know Squaretrade is not sold here but I decided to get it anyways ($59 - 1year). I wanted to know, if I have a amerifriend close to the border can I just use their shipping address? I know Squaretrade says you have to be a US resident but how do they go about verifying this?

There is no warranty option in Canada for out right phones.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
So I am in Canada and I know Squaretrade is not sold here but I decided to get it anyways ($59 - 1year). I wanted to know, if I have a amerifriend close to the border can I just use their shipping address? I know Squaretrade says you have to be a US resident but how do they go about verifying this?

There is no warranty option in Canada for out right phones.
They require your receipt before they will do anything, so hopefully your receipt is from the US.

mosi76

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I went with Worth Ave Group. I'm on Jump on Demand with T-Mobile and I wanted a cheap-ish month to month plan so when I change out the phone it's easy to change out the coverage. Worth Ave is $15.00 up front and $7.50 per month with a $50 deductible. Covers damage, loss and theft.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance