S7 Edge - Monthly android security updates?

louzer

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I've been waiting for the BlackBerry Priv to be released on Sprint. The S7 Edge will be released shortly and I'm potentially interested in this device. One of the things I like about the Priv is the availability of the monthly Android security updates.
Has anyone heard if Samsung has made provisions to provide these updates?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Monthly android security updates?

Doubtful. My Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is still on November security patch. It will be updated, but not as timely as Nexus.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

The Factory Unlocked versions have been receiving more frequent updates (not monthly, though) but carrier versions yeah, not so far. Maybe they'll get better with the S7?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

The Factory Unlocked versions have been receiving more frequent updates (not monthly, though) but carrier versions yeah, not so far. Maybe they'll get better with the S7?
We'll see. The Note 5 was good for the first few months... Then nothing...

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

Any idea if Samsung will offer a factory unlocked version in the U.S.? I can't seem to find any information on it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Any idea if Samsung will offer a factory unlocked version in the U.S.? I can't seem to find any information on it.

Not officially. You can find them, however, in sites like Amazon or eBay, should you want to go that route.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

I've been waiting for the BlackBerry Priv to be released on Sprint. The S7 Edge will be released shortly and I'm potentially interested in this device. One of the things I like about the Priv is the availability of the monthly Android security updates.
Has anyone heard if Samsung has made provisions to provide these updates?

I'm switching to the S7 EDGE from a Priv. The Priv is nice for BB enthusiasts, but it's fairly slow and the build quality is appalling.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I'm switching to the S7 EDGE from a Priv. The Priv is nice for BB enthusiasts, but it's fairly slow and the build quality is appalling.

interesting, I have been waiting all this time for the Priv to be released on Verizon, but then this gorgeous S7 edge caught my eye. Maybe I will get the Sammy and wait on the 2nd or 3rd gen Priv

segujer

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
you know Samsung is not the security buddy you can ever look up to,
as bad as his ****

Posted via the Android Central App

flintlock

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

interesting, I have been waiting all this time for the Priv to be released on Verizon, but then this gorgeous S7 edge caught my eye. Maybe I will get the Sammy and wait on the 2nd or 3rd gen Priv
Who knows if Verizon will ever have the priv. They never got the passport. That's a big market to miss for blackberry with two flagships.

I'm sick of Verizon phones being stuck on that one carrier even when you pay full.

saket87

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
How do you check the monthly update and see what your phone has. I can't seem to find in mine

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez