U.S. Cellular model only has 3GB of RAM!!!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
According to GSMArena's specifications for the U.S. Cellular carrier minority variant of the Galaxy S7 Edge, SM-G935R, it is particularly signalled out under the heading, "Memory", as only having 3GB of RAM instead of the normal 4GB for all other Galaxy S7/Edge models. See...

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (CDMA)

I can, strangely enough, find no mention of RAM for the U.S. Cellular, SM-G935R, model on the Samsung website, here.

If this indeed turns out to be correct, I wonder how many people have ordered this phone from U.S. Cellular, thinking that they are getting 4GB of RAM? :(

It seems the U.S. and Chinese carrier minority variants, on the Qualcomm quad core chipset, are the, "Budget", S7 models, and that would make the U.S.Cellular phone the, "Value Edition". ;)

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Same for the Galaxy S7 as well... here.

I hope it is an error but I have checked it out as thoroughly as possible and can find nothing to contradict it. My concern is, if it is correct, that customers might be placing orders for it, thinking they are getting 4GB of RAM.

SprintFun

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I see it listed as:

Internal 32 GB, 4 GB RAM/ 3GB RAM - G935R

Why does it list both like that?
Also it says:
- Fast battery charging: 83% in 30 min (Quick Charge 3.0)
I thought it was only quick charge 2.0?

EDIT: The top of the page lists it as 4GB of RAM, I don't think there's anything to be concerned about...

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
O.K. guys, Thanks.

Forgive me if I seem to have a mistrust of some of the carrier minority variants but it stems from the Galaxy S4 days when I discovered that not all carriers were offering Gorilla Glass 3 on their phones as it made them cheaper to buy from Samsung. See, Gorilla Glass 3 not on all Galaxy S4's!!!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Take a look at the new U.S.Cellular site for both the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge models, G930R4 and G935R4 that clearly show these models as having only 3GB of RAM.

Galaxy S7 Edge G935R4

Galaxy S7 G930R4

Enlargement

It would not be the first time that carriers have altered the stock Samsung hardware spec's. See, here.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
If it is 3 GB and the same price as the 4 GB model, you bet your aśś I'd be throwing thier demo models all over the place in a store.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nikolay St

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
US cellular - you little sneaky b****rds. Now they have fixed the ram from 3 to 4 on both devices. The spec on gsmarena are changed according to the new listings.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I have a feeling that it was probably a typo on the part of U.S. Cellular in their spec's, which was repeated by GSMArena.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar