Is the Gear S2 complimentary accessory to S7 Edge?

Bryant Laney

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Question to any gear S2 owners do you think it would be a complimentary accessory to the phone I'm debating on getting one but would like some input also any general conversation on Accessories for S7 edge. So far I have preordered the new wireless charging stand and a spigen case for mine have also debated on the 360 camera thing they announced as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge Accessories

I am definitely getting the S2 Classic to compliment the S7 edge.

My first smart watch was the Samsung Gear 2 paired with a Note. That combination was perfect, but I got distracted by Pebble and Android Wear and kept switching phones.

I am looking forward to the return of that perfect combo with the S2 Classic and the S7 Edge.

Bryant Laney

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

Awesome I'm ordering one from tmo in the morning. I can't wait to try it out with the phone.

omahaorange

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Verizon actually shipped my Gear2 watch when I preordered the S7 Edge on Tuesday. Have been using the watch since Thursday. Can't say anything about how it performs with the S7, but I have been using it with my S4, and can say I like it. As far as negatives, I can say I don't care for the plastic strap. It won't take a standard watch strap, and the replacement bands are a little pricey, but I'll probably spring for one in the near future.

It does require an app from Samsung be installed on the phone. It is a free download. As far as the phone, I don't notice any increased battery drain by using the app.

Keep in mind the watch has its own phone number and did require activation (at least for the promotion) and a data plan, which is the same price as adding a tablet. It syncs with bluetooth, and you have the ability to forward messages and calls to the watch. Honestly, I have only made one phone call with the watch. Kinda felt like Richard (won't let type his nickname) Tracy, but I could hear the other caller fine, and she said the voice quality on her end was pretty good. Keep in mind, unless you use a headset, the call on the watch will be on speaker, so anybody around you will hear the conversation.

I like the ability to not be tied to my phone. I can leave it the car, and not miss a call. It's also nice to get a message or email, and look at the watch and view the message. If it's something I need to answer, I can then pull the phone off my belt and answer, or dismiss it until later if it can wait . You can answer through the watch, but the small keyboard isn't worth the effort. You can answer texts with "canned" responses, either standard, or customized ones you create on your phone. The watch has both an audible (that you can turn off) and a vibrating alert. If I don't hear my phone, the watch will let me know the phone wants me. All of the alerts are customized, you decide what apps you want the phone to send to the watch.

Overall, I like the convenience of having the device. One note...I have it tied to the S-Health app on the phone. If it doesn't detect activity after about an hour or so, the watch vibrates and puts up a message nagging you to get moving.

Bryant Laney

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the input I'll definitely give feedback once mine arrives.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
i have had my S2 Classic with my S7 Edge for over 2 weeks now. I have to say i love it and don't miss Android Wear at all

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc