apple to android for first time ..ordered the S7 edge.

anon(9842641)

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
hi , just pre-ordered samsung galaxy s7 edge black . cant wait to get hands on . i am iphone user for long time , thought its time for the change .i used to have nexus 7 long back for a couple of months but not so familiar. so how would be the transition and all?
are there any apps to port everything from IOS to anroid.?
thanks

zainsikander32

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes you can use Smart Switch by Samsung. It'll transfer everything. Welcome to the family! I hope you can convince others around you to make the switch too.

Posted via the Android Central App

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
hi , just pre-ordered samsung galaxy s7 edge black . cant wait to get hands on . i am iphone user for long time , thought its time for the change .i used to have nexus 7 long back for a couple of months but not so familiar. so how would be the transition and all?
are there any apps to port everything from IOS to anroid.?
thanks

Welcome to Android Central!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums at Android Central!

There's always a learn curve, but if you give it a chance you'll have a great time with Android.

Lakes21

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I too am an iPhone user since 1st gen iPhone. Ive made the switch to android for the very first time with the S7 edge and I must say that I am very happy with it. glad to be part of the android community!

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I go back and forth between Apple and Android. I have the 7Edge now and it is a far superior phone to the Iphone 6S plus. You will really enjoy the 7.

yomny Martinez

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
I also was back and forth between Apple and Android but i think i finally found my happy place. The phone is great, fits nicely in the hands and the camera is just great. Get samsung smart switch on your apple and it should transfer everything except apps that are not compatible from Apple store to Play store. Enjoy.

racingvike

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
My 16 yo son switched from the iPhone to the S7 last week and says he is glad that he did. After hearing him talk about how much he liked it my wife may be switching as well.

I can also confirm the transfer of data from iPhone to S7 using SmartSwitch was as easy and painless for his phone as it was for me going from the S5 to the S7 edge.

Ale Aguilar 62

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Wow I think you just did a great upgrade. Try the app MobileTrans, to transfer all your iphone data to any OS (in case that you still need it). Maybe your first days using android where difficult, because all of the changes you see, but after that, you'll realize that you made the right decision, because you have most of the apps for free and also have a lot more variety. I hope that you enjoy your new S7, you can tell me later if it's a lot better than an iphone. Greetings!

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Smart switch is a total disaster for macs. It doesn't work at all with my 2011 imac. Luckily for contacts having everything connected to google works. iSyncr works for transferring music. I really enjoy the S7 Edge. But if all you do is use apps, text and play video and music, there really is not much difference. Sure, you can put widgets on your phone but if you look at many screen shot photos of the S7 edge, they look like an iPhone.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge/647901-post-screen-shots-taken-s7-edge.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae