What are your "Go To" Apps for the S7 Edge?

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Let's see it. What are your first apps you download or must have. I used to always download swapps, but I won't be with the new edge functionality.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Your go to apps

Android Central App
Feedly
Outlook
Chase
Whatsapp
CNN
Amazon

There are others that also get installed, but these are "first Play Store visit" installs.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Let's see it. What are your first apps you download or must have. I used to always download swapps, but I won't be with the new edge functionality.

My faves, in no particular order:

Nova Launcher Pro
Gif Icon Pack
Waze
Falcon Pro
Swarm
Instagram
Shazam
Sound hound Pro
Flipboard
Inbox
Snapchat
1Weather
Peach
Fifty
Periscope
Uber
Spotify
Backdrops
Keep
Google PhotosRelay
Talon
Pocket

TommyC1969

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site

gReader Pro
Audible
Kindle
Amazon
Google Play Music
Inbox by Gmail
Cloudmagic (for work)
Google Keep
Seriesguide
IMDb
USAA
Pocketcasts
Chromer
ES File Explorer Pro
NZB Leech+
Google Maps
Pocket
Speedtest
Timely
VLC
Twilight
Whoscall

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

My go to apps in no particular order:

Pinterest: for all my pinning needs and wants. I find everything, and I mean everything on Pinterest.

Android Central: This one is a no brainer. I usually check it first thing in the morning, and on my days off I check it even more.

USAA: has my loan on file, and I'm currently working with them for my mortgage. It's a pretty versatile app and lets me do want more than Wells Fargo at times.

Wells Fargo: checking balances, and it lets me directly transfer money, as well as the check deposit option.

EBay: I don't like Amazon much so I use eBay like it's going out of style. So many empty carts abandoned.

Textra SMS: I use the upgraded version. It's the best messaging app for me because it's simple, customizable, and regularly updated.

Nova Launcher Prime: I own a Nexus and Nova keeps it looking fresh. So many custom options I'm sometimes stuck using it for hours when I get a wild hair.

WP Clock 2: it's embedded in the background, I can use my personal wallpaper and change the opacity etc. It also shows the information that I want to see, such as the time, date, carrier, and WiFi connection. It's a little rough around the edges but I managed it.

Whicons icon pack: all those white icons.

Facebook: I hate it, but it keeps me in touch with my family. Like watching a traffic accident.

Montana Road Conditions: a surprisingly useful app from the MDT. It updates the road conditions fairly regularly and has saved my bottom a few times. Not comparable to Maps, but it's nice to know when a mountain pass is slick or covered in snow.

Realtor.com: I like it better than the website, plus it lets me look at houses without having to register on realtor websites and be stalked buy realtors themselves.

Geico: I have auto pay with them, but it lets me access my insurance cards for my vehicles. It's pretty much just a placeholder. It's always been on my phone.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Chase
Amazon
Fenix for Twitter
Weather Timeline
Facebook
Ebay
Paypal
Amazon
Discover
Liberty Mutual (E-ID cards)
United Airlines
Starbucks
ESPN
Bleacher Report
NHL game center
MLB at bat.

Need to find a good "Wallet" app for reward cards/boarding passes.

Jelly Belly

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Call Recorder (If it works, may have to wait for root)
Excel
SoundHound
Amazon
iPlayer
Youtube
1Password
LogMeIn
My Bank's App
Whatapp
IMDB
BBC Nwes
DropBox
HP12C Calculator
Twitter

That is about it for my home screen.

pmalena

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site

Chase
Amazon
Fenix for Twitter
Weather Timeline
Facebook
Ebay
Paypal
Amazon
Discover
Liberty Mutual (E-ID cards)
United Airlines
Starbucks
ESPN
Bleacher Report
NHL game center
MLB at bat.

Need to find a good "Wallet" app for reward cards/boarding passes.

I use Beep 'N Go. You can add all rewards cards using the phone camera. No more extra keyring (that was ALWAYS in the other car) with eleventydozen little tags!

Posted via the Android Central App

LSG67

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
So, I'm on the fence as to which one to get. The S7 or the S7 Edge.

Above Nova Launcher is mentioned, and it kinda seems like a waste to get the Edge then put Nova on it, because won't it kill the edge swipe? That's kind of my dilemma anyway. Go bigger for no reason because I prefer Nova Launcher, or go slightly smaller and save the $100 because I probably can't use the feature anyway?

Thoughts?

But in keeping with the thread, my apps are:

Spotify
Audible
Kindle
Keep
IMDB
FB Messenger
SplashID
Podcast Addict
Blizzard Authenticator
WoW Armory
ChompSMS
eBay
Nova Launcher... maybe?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
So, I'm on the fence as to which one to get. The S7 or the S7 Edge.

Above Nova Launcher is mentioned, and it kinda seems like a waste to get the Edge then put Nova on it, because won't it kill the edge swipe?

I've read in multiple places that the edge functionality works fine with 3rd party launchers. It's baked into the OS, not the launcher.

My fav is lightflow but nobody will tell me if it works

I read on one of the Android sites that LF didn't seem to be working on the S7. BUT: there are some Samsung specific settings in LF, so the person writing might not have set things up correctly. Also, the LF dev is really good at updating the app, so if it needs some tweaks to support the S7 I'm pretty sure he'll take care of them.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I use the lightflow widget. Does it still work to manually turn off active notifications when desired?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21