S7 Edge - "Fonts Not Compatible" error. How come?

Jaybell4444

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Loving the galaxy S7 Edge but the only thing that is driving me crazy is that I can't install my favorite fonts! I keep getting an error saying font is not compatible. I'm a big font guy so I'm hoping that some of the fonts will be updated to work on Marshmallow. What gives Samsung??? Any ideas?:(

Jaybell4444

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Samsung store, Play store......nothing. It just keeps saying "not compatible". Weird. It installs but when you try to change the font it's always the same error.

M Stuart

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I've got a S6, but same problem. The ones from Samsung store seem to work for me. I purchased one just to try and it worked. However, anything installed manually from a third-party app won't work, as in "not supported, contact the font provider". Very frustrating.

Apherik

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
Is there a way we would be able to contact Samsung, about the font issue? Do you think there is away to get this on the Marshmellow OS in the future without rooting the device? That seems to be the only way so far. This is defintly pretty strange that every other phone I've had- ive been able to change fonts...
A.Pherik

I've got a S6, but same problem. The ones from Samsung store seem to work for me. I purchased one just to try and it worked. However, anything installed manually from a third-party app won't work, as in "not supported, contact the font provider". Very frustrating.

Apherik

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
Is there a way we would be able to contact Samsung, about the font issue? Do you think there is away to get this on the Marshmellow OS in the future without rooting the device? That seems to be the only way so far. This is defintly pretty strange that every other phone I've had- ive been able to change fonts...
A.Pherik

Loving the galaxy S7 Edge but the only thing that is driving me crazy is that I can't install my favorite fonts! I keep getting an error saying font is not compatible. I'm a big font guy so I'm hoping that some of the fonts will be updated to work on Marshmallow. What gives Samsung??? Any ideas?:(

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
From what I understand, Samsung blocked that functionality in all versions of Touchwiz for Android 6.0 and there is nothing that 3rd part app developers can do to get their fonts to work on Samsung phones (outside of rooting them). However, you can purchase different fonts in the Samsung app store.

Leighann Bath

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
I agree I'm very big on fonts to I changed them everyday I get bored so if I have time sometimrs more than once a day they really need to brong it back thst last updatereslly mrssrf things up thatd one of my favorites to do with this phone I'm sooo annoyed donf upset whst can we do to get them to bring it back

Ally Sherwood

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site

I have the S6 Edge Plus, I have downloaded over 200 Fonts from websites after this Marshmallow update I was told from Samsung & T-Mobile that Samsung has taken away our customization w/this new update. Thats why no fonts are working EXCEPT for the stock fonts that came w/the phone. Its driving me crazy as well I bought all these Font apps on the PlayStore, I even researched how to override the permissions. But the only thing we can do is wait 4 Samsung 2 reissue back our permissions. A rep from Samsung said most likely the next update will fix this issue. We are just gonna have 2 wait until the new update & see of they fixed it. I even told them if this's a permanent thing their profits will PLUMMET due to their HYPOCRIACY & Lies. Android is popular 4 the ability of personalization. Apple isn't, but if its permanent then alot of ppl will DROP THEIR ASSES & APPLE WILL GET THEIR BUSINESS

Ive even tried downloading the fonts on the PC & Laptop then extracting them then installed the font on the phone. NOTHING'S working. Its like they blackballed us from even doing that. I can use the fonts on my homescreen & text messages but NOT 4 USE on the Keyboard.

Ally Sherwood

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site
I have the S6 Edge Plus, I have downloaded over 200 Fonts from websites after this Marshmallow update I was told from Samsung & T-Mobile that Samsung has taken away our customization w/this new update. Thats why no fonts are working EXCEPT for the stock fonts that came w/the phone. Its driving me crazy as well I bought all these Font apps on the PlayStore, I even researched how to override the permissions. But the only thing we can do is wait 4 Samsung 2 reissue back our permissions. A rep from Samsung said most likely the next update will fix this issue. We are just gonna have 2 wait until the new update & see of they fixed it. I even told them if this's a permanent thing their profits will PLUMMET due to their HYPOCRIACY & Lies. Android is popular 4 the ability of personalization. Apple isn't, but if its permanent then alot of ppl will DROP THEIR ASSES & APPLE WILL GET THEIR BUSINESS

Ive even tried downloading the fonts on the PC & Laptop then extracting them then installed the font on the phone. NOTHING'S working. Its like they blackballed us from even doing that. I can use the fonts on my homescreen & text messages but NOT 4 USE on the Keyboard.

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge - "Fonts Not Compatible" error. How come?

I understand your passion, but Samsung isn't the only device that won't let you use 3rd fonts without rooting. You can't change your font on Nexus devices at all unless you root. At least Samsung will let you purchase different fonts from their store. Can't do that on a Nexus.

You can't change anything on an iPhone except the wallpaper unless you jailbreak.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7