Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Note 5 Owners

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey there guys, This is a question for anyone that has a Note 5 and has upgraded to the 7 Edge.
I got my s7EDGE and set it up and I was noticing that the screen on the S7 Edge seems a bit warmer than the NOTE 5 screen. Is this normal for everyone else? Also I was wondering how your light sensors are working. Mine seems to be working normally though I feel like the note 5 gets a bit brighter/dimmer in certain lighting.

brava27

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 5 Owners

Hey there guys, This is a question for anyone that has a Note 5 and has upgraded to the 7 Edge.
I got my s7EDGE and set it up and I was noticing that the screen on the S7 Edge seems a bit warmer than the NOTE 5 screen. Is this normal for everyone else? Also I was wondering how your light sensors are working. Mine seems to be working normally though I feel like the note 5 gets a bit brighter/dimmer in certain lighting.
Download lux

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site

Same as you. I did jump on demand w my note 5 to the s7e.
IMO, screen is the same quality. What I've noticed is the auto brightness and adaptive screen is more accurate than the s6 and note. I have noticed the screen turn cool then in low light dim and then almost look warm... Just walking in different lighting.
Not sure if this helps but just what my eyes noticed so far.

Posted via the Android Central App

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site

That does help. I appreciate it. Does it appear warmer than your note 5 screen?

I just looked side by side as I need to still being my Note to the T-Mobile Corp store.
No...look the same to me. But again when I turned the light off in the room to test, the s7 immediately responded and dimmed while the note started maxed brightness giving it a cooler look but really just splitting hairs.
I would not go crazy. But if it really bothers you I'm sure you can get an exchange. You simply say the screen has some and bad color. I did something like that with an old iPhone one time. It was either the 4 or the 5.

ycr258z

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site

My goodness using this phone is very awesome. I don't have any bad comment for this stuff. Very user friendly and great phone. Just sharing my thought. Thanks

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

I have both and was thinking the displays looked exactly the same on each. If there is any difference, I can't tell.

IMG_0101.jpg

aha

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site

Guys, does note 5 slow down and lag after a few months for you?

BTW, awesome picture NexusGirlX!

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Guys, does note 5 slow down and lag after a few months for you?

BTW, awesome picture NexusGirlX!
I've only had my Note 5 for a month so I haven't noticed any lag. I just can't get the battery to give me more then two hours screen time in a day. Earlier, it lost 10% in two hours of just sitting there after taking it off the charger.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site

So i'm in same boat. have my Note 5 and pre order s7edge but i'm afraid that the camera will be huge letdown,as at XDA forums there are conflict reports about quality.

Anyone that went S7 Edge how is the camera?

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site

I have both and was thinking the displays looked exactly the same on each. If there is any difference, I can't tell.

View attachment 218821

Hi there I noticed your comparison of both screens I was just wondering if at the top and bottom while in landcape of the curved screen of the edge makes a difference, in other words was there a distortion or discoloration compared to the flat screen and if so how noticeable is it?

Thanks

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Did you make sure that you have the same screen mode on both? Adaptive will do exactly what you said it's doing, which is adjust the color and stuff to match the lighting. The other modes won't do that, but they also have different calibrations. Basic is the most color accurate for sRGB content, which is 99% of what you're going to look at on your phone.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Hi there I noticed your comparison of both screens I was just wondering if at the top and bottom while in landcape of the curved screen of the edge makes a difference, in other words was there a distortion or discoloration compared to the flat screen and if so how noticeable is it?

Thanks

Only slightly depending on what you are doing. It doesn't bother me at all. I had Note Edge for over a year that has the edge panel on the right side so I'm used to a curved display like this for the most part.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site

Ok thanks NexusGirlX nice to hear, I'm a little worried that the edge panel would affect videos and I also sometimes grip my phone hard so sometimes I wonder if the edges makes the phone a little less solid

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Ok thanks NexusGirlX nice to hear, I'm a little worried that the edge panel would affect videos and I also sometimes grip my phone hard so sometimes I wonder if the edges makes the phone a little less solid

I have noticed one annoyance. I have had text literally undo itself that I was typing probably due to a finger wrapping around the phone to the right side and touching the screen there. I've had this happen a few times so far.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site

Yes I'm sure it'll happen to me to it'll just take some getting used to but I gotta say those curved edges really give it an edge to edge look

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois