Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Is this a good choice for an SD card?

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Is this a good choice for an SD card?

I'd step up to at least an Evo+ card from Samsung but at those prices, you might as well step up again to the Pro.

You want to stick with at least U-3 card to really future proof your phone until the next round of phones come along next year.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

The read speeds can be similar but it's the write speeds that really matter if you're taking pictures and recording video directly to the SD card like most folks will be doing.

Evo - Read 23 MB/s | Write 16 MB/s
Evo+ - Read 82 MB/s | Write 26 MB/s
Pro - Read 91 MB/s | Write 79 MB/s
Pro+ - Read 92 MB/s | Write 86 MB/s

Faster the better for moving large files quickly.

anon(25362)

May 20, 2010
Visit site

do the specs really translate into a noticeable real world difference when taking pics

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

do the specs really translate into a noticeable real world difference when taking pics

Just single shot pictures? No. 4K video and extended burst shots, absolutely. I also don't like it when it takes a long time to transfer files from my computer to my phone.

anon(25362)

May 20, 2010
Visit site

no - and i really don't transfer files back and forth between comp/phone. Burst photos - sometimes but not a lot of 4k videos or file xfers..

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

no - and i really don't transfer files back and forth between comp/phone. Burst photos - sometimes but not a lot of 4k videos or file xfers..

You're fine with a class 10 in that case. I would go with the biggest capacity class 10 your budget allows.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site

Ok, I ended up ordering the Samsung Pro Plus, 32GB which is labeled SDHC. Should that be good? Is there a SDXC version? Would it be any better?

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

Ok, I ended up ordering the Samsung Pro Plus, 32GB which is labeled SDHC. Should that be good? Is there a SDXC version? Would it be any better?

SDXC IS a sizing naming convention for cards bigger than 32GB. So you can't have a 32GB SDXC card.

Posted from my kicking Samsung Note4 on Lollipop 5.1.1

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Then a nice class 10 UHI I will be just fine.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

You can get double the capacity for a slight decrease in speed, for the same price, if you go with the 64GB Pro instead of the 32 GB Pro Plus.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site

You can get double the capacity for a slight decrease in speed, for the same price, if you go with the 64GB Pro instead of the 32 GB Pro Plus.

Yeah I know but I think doubling the storage available on the phone's internal storage will be way more than enough.

SW1990WBA

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site

Have no idea which card to order myself, never had a phone before thats used them due to mainly being Apple. I was going to order a SanDisk Ultra 128GB - can't link it just yet due to not being at 10 posts - a quick amazon search though and it's easy to locate
Heard of some issues with SanDisk and Samsung though

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Unless you are going to enable Adaptable Storage on your phone (you can do this on the S7 despite what Samsung said about not having it), there's no need to worry about the speed of the card for 4k and pics. You should be saving that to your phone internal memory! Move the files over to the SD card after you take them every so often... Problem solved.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1