05-03-2017 07:33 PM
4,281 ... 170171172
tools
    mine came through two days ago
    11-19-2016 08:11 AM
    Mine came in about 8 days.
    11-20-2016 08:50 AM
    What is the promotion? I just bought a 7Edge this week.
    12-15-2016 01:32 PM
    Did anyone else have the same hassles I did trying to redeem promotional items from Samsung promotions? My wife and I both got S7 phones and were told we could get VR headsets for free. We went through all the process of applying, got rejected twice and told to resubmit each time. The deadline to submit your claim runs out tomorrow. Now, a month later, they're saying that our original purchase date was invalid and we were never going to get headsets.

I wouldn't care and didn't buy the phone for a free headset but I didn't need all the BS of being jerked along through this submission process. All it would have taken is someone saying something up front. Was this just me or do we need to call 'shenanigans' on these people and launch an angry mob trolling campaign against Samsung Promotions department. When I finally spoke to an actual human after navigating 5 minutes of voice menus (the computer actually asked me to spell out my entire email address and then said, "never mind" after it couldn't get the spelling correct), I was told, "the validation team is very strict about approving promotion." "There is nothing we can do."

Again, I didn't ask for this promotion and I wouldn't have known anything about if they hadn't encouraged me to sign up.

Has anyone else been treated this way?
    12-24-2016 08:53 AM
    Generally, there are laws governing promotional prize giveaways. If a company runs a promotion stating that they will give away $1000, they have to document the odds of winning and post proof that someone has actually won the prize money. It would be illegal to run a promotion offering a $1000 prize and not deliver the prize. I think what is happening with the Samsung promotions department is that they actively work to disqualify as many claims as they can. If they can reduce the claims to half, they reduce the merchandise cost associated with the promo. I think there should be a legal requirement that these types of promotions be held to the same standards as other prize givaways. If Samsung is going to enjoy the promotional benefit of this giveaway, they should be forced to reveal what they are actually giving away. For all we know, they may be rejecting 3/4 of all claims.

Anyway, my claim has been rejected a third and final time. This time they told me the original purchase didn't occur during a specific period that no one at Tmobile or Samsung knew anything about. I didn't know anything about the VR offer, their people told me about it and walked me through the process. It was a hassle that I didn't need to mess with. While it didn't cost me anything except for signing up with Samsung Pay (which I didn't want or need), being jerked around to jump through these hoops for a prize I wasn't qualified for pissed me off enough that now I'm looking for ways to shoot the finger at these people.

With the S7 Note stuff and everything else going on, I'm sure no one at Samsung will notice or care about any chronic issues with their promo department. If fact, Samsung has a profit motive in not fixing it. Well played Samsung, you engaged me in pointless emails, got me to sign up for an app I didn't want.

So I stand alone, one powerless person, proudly, defiantly, raising my middle finger to a corporate giant that doesn't know I exist.
    12-26-2016 09:19 AM
    I ordered right on the border of midnight on 4/20 with Verizon, after a lengthy discussion with their live chat about my bill changes (completely different plan and all). I sent the email confirming that my order was processed on 4/21 into Samsung twice.

After the second rejection, I found in some random gmail folder that there's a verizon email that confirms my order placed on 4/20. However, after two submissions, you get cut off and you have to dial 1-800-SAMSUNG and ask for promotions, and the length is insane.

So, I'm waiting on line for hours for the second night in a row. Today they were supposed to email me and give me another opportunity to submit. Quite a wacky, sometimes frustrating system. From the same company I bought an S8+ from on a whim with a relatively new S7, I'm spending hours of time on hold to get a damn $99 Gear VR. I guess that's because they are pretty cool. And It's about the principle!
    05-03-2017 07:33 PM
4,281 ... 170171172