Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Or did you not have to do that with Sprint ?

Sprint offers get shipped directly from sprint they do not go through the samsung promo verification process of 4-6 weeks

Verizon folk who had to upload invoice to submit claim and go through verification process can check status update after 10 business days although it states 4-6 weeks ....

mrmugman

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Verizon user here. I just received the dreaded "Location Code missing" email from Samsung. Nowhere on ANY documentation I received from Verizon does it list a Location Code. I purchased my S7 Edge at a Verizon company store (not an independent shop). The copy of the receipt I sent them shows an Order Location and a Receive Location (both listing the same number), but not a Location Code.

Between the actual receipt I received in the store and the 5 or more other documents Verizon emailed me, nothing has a specific Location Code listed. Any ideas? Is there a phone number I can call to talk to someone at the fulfillment center?

hksscom

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Verizon user here. I just received the dreaded "Location Code missing" email from Samsung. Nowhere on ANY documentation I received from Verizon does it list a Location Code. I purchased my S7 Edge at a Verizon company store (not an independent shop). The copy of the receipt I sent them shows an Order Location and a Receive Location (both listing the same number), but not a Location Code.

Between the actual receipt I received in the store and the 5 or more other documents Verizon emailed me, nothing has a specific Location Code listed. Any ideas? Is there a phone number I can call to talk to someone at the fulfillment center?

If I remember right, Samsung Promo's website stated that you should be getting the Gear VR directly at the Verizon physical store. Only web orders (through verizonwireless.com) would need to register. I'd call the Verizon store and ask about the Gear VR.

hksscom

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
If I remember right, Samsung Promo's website stated that you should be getting the Gear VR directly at the Verizon physical store. Only web orders (through verizonwireless.com) would need to register. I'd call the Verizon store and ask about the Gear VR.

Hmm... I just checked https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/gearvr and see that even Verizon physical stores now make you register. Call Verizon and ask about the Location code. It should be on your packing slip

rkkeller

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
20160314_155124.jpg

I got my free wireless charging pad today. Very nice and it even came with a adaptive fast charging cable/plug even though its only a normal speed charger.

keri2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Pre-ordered Verizon gold s7 edge on March 6th. Got the phone on the 11th and submitted my gear S2 request around 2pm also on the 11th. My status is "under review"

artrinadf

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Or did you not have to do that with Sprint ?
I preordered on February 24th. I got the phone March 8th and the vr was delivered the next day. I had not received any information about the headset since the order so my headset was on my porch 5 days.

ut00wj

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ordered both S7 and S7 Edge from Sprint on Thursday. Received both phones and VR units today. No effort on my part. No websites, no paperwork, easy as pie... :)

cjbrigol

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
My submission is under review. I have old submissions that I got already that say "Congratulations! Your submission has been accepted and your offer is on it's way" so I'd look for that eventually.

Bandarno

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I bought mine in a physical Verizon store and my receipt doesn't have my name anywhere on it, but on Samsung's website it says it should contain my name. Do any of you know if this will actually be a problem? And if so, any suggestions on what I can do about it?

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I bought mine in a physical Verizon store and my receipt doesn't have my name anywhere on it, but on Samsung's website it says it should contain my name. Do any of you know if this will actually be a problem? And if so, any suggestions on what I can do about it?

See terms & conditions:
v. Submit his/her original register receipt on the Website documenting the Qualifying Purchase by following the on-screen prompts to upload a photograph or .PDF of the original register receipt showing the Qualifying Purchase. It is recommended that Participant first print his/her complete name on the original register receipt, sign and date the receipt, and circle the Qualifying Purchase on the receipt before uploading the receipt.

I did not do this because I used the receipt with my shipment which had my name. I wondered why this was stated, I suppose for your case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz