Package Disabler Pro?

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
So in exchange to all the bloatware, you just have one app that you can't get rid of... becoming a paid bloatware...

Posted via the Android Central App

How is an app the user installs on to the phone bloatware? The things take up less than 9MB so it's not taking up a huge amount of space and was installed voluntarily.

walkman666

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Just wanna make sure I'm getting the right app - it's developed by police developer?

Yes. I am using it for the first time, too. I initially selected disable all bloatware, and then have selectively re-enabled some "bloatware" based on some google searches of specific apps.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So in exchange to all the bloatware, you just have one app that you can't get rid of... becoming a paid bloatware...

If you don't want the app you can always use the debloater tool, but that requires a pc and is a lot more tedious.

78standards

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
..as mentioned in a previous comment, I would love to see a list populated of "general" bloat that can be safely disabled. I'm sure some things would be different based on what carrier is used, but it would be decent to see a list for those that do not want to use the app.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
..as mentioned in a previous comment, I would love to see a list populated of "general" bloat that can be safely disabled. I'm sure some things would be different based on what carrier is used, but it would be decent to see a list for those that do not want to use the app.

You can't access a lot of the services the app can. That's the biggest reason why I'm using it.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site

adelcastillo78

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like somebody doesn't quite grasp the definition of bloatware. :)

I was being sarcastic, but the fact is that install one app to hide other apps makes no sense to me. For that, install a launcher like nova that let's you hide apps.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I was being sarcastic, but the fact is that install one app to hide other apps makes no sense to me. For that, install a launcher like nova that let's you hide apps.

Launchers hide the app, they don't prevent it from running. That's what PDP does.

RockyEdgeS7

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, I am using my new S7 Edge today.

I installged Packaage Disabler but I get a message from KNOX first to confirm this app can become an Admin. But then the installation fails with error message "Actvation error,check your newtwork connection and try again. Disconnect VPN and proxy connections". Please advise?