always on display dissapears after a while

tyk5054

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
new s7 edge always on worked all night last night,..but today it comes on, moves the clock around the screen for about 2 min. then goes to black screen,..i have to wake the phone to see the time,..any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you have a Clear View case? I saw another thread about Always On not working with the Clear View case.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
new s7 edge always on worked all night last night,..but today it comes on, moves the clock around the screen for about 2 min. then goes to black screen,..i have to wake the phone to see the time,..any ideas?
This is a deal killer for me so watching this thread closely

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

Have you since installed any other apps that affect the screen? Maybe something that turns the screen on automatically when the phone is picked up (using the gyroscope) or with a hand wave (using the prox. sensor)?

tyk5054

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
no other apps installed...but i do have the crystal clear case....it was on the phone last night and working fine...nothing has changed except that it dosent want to work right today....one thing i noticed while it wasn't showing the clock, i was getting a scrolling news feed on the left side of my edge screen...but still no clock

Posted via the Android Central App

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like you have something else on (an edge feature) which is stopping the phone from sleeping and therefore Always On Display is not activated..?

ZeneticX

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I think somehow u accidentally triggered edge feed.... which is strange because that can only be triggered if you swipe back and forth on the edge

try turning it off to see whether it helps

tyk5054

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
took me all day to figure out what was going on...while at work my phone sits on a small shelf under my desk...I've disabled all edge stuff and rebooted the phone to make sure nothing was running...at home on my nightstand everything was fine...turns out when i put it on my desktop it worked fine....I'm thinking is getting feedback from the shelf it's on and thinking is in a pocket or purse, so it shuts the screen down...problem fixed...lol

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
took me all day to figure out what was going on...while at work my phone sits on a small shelf under my desk...I've disabled all edge stuff and rebooted the phone to make sure nothing was running...at home on my nightstand everything was fine...turns out when i put it on my desktop it worked fine....I'm thinking is getting feedback from the shelf it's on and thinking is in a pocket or purse, so it shuts the screen down...problem fixed...lol

Isn't that pocket off function disable-able?

tyk5054

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
think so...ill check it out tomorrow at work and see if i can get it to stay on while on the shelf....if not no big deal

GNawaz

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
i has the same problem i get my phone today in the morning it was showing the big clock in the middle of screen always on display but it disappear in the the evening and it is just showing now on the edge display not in the center. i don't know what to do it bring it back to middle of screen. any suggestions.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
My always on display disappeared instantly as I turned it off straight out the box lol