Iphone Guy coming to android

skwon09

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I used Outlook on iPhone - miles better than stock email app Apple has. Same thing on Android - I'm pretty happy with what Outlook has to offer.

nickster0824

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Gotta ask you guys a question. What do you all recommend to transfer music from itunes?
I've heard many recommend isyncr AND google music. Which is more preferable since I'm moving my 6S to the S7 EDGE?
Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Last one. I promise, :) In the new Galaxy S7 the timeout screen only shows you time that you can pick, in the Iphone I had it Manually where as I would turn the display myself and not timed. Is there a possible trick to allowing that here?

You could try Stay Alive!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Gotta ask you guys a question. What do you all recommend to transfer music from itunes?
I've heard many recommend isyncr AND google music. Which is more preferable since I'm moving my 6S to the S7 EDGE?
Thank you.

I agree with uploading your entire iTunes library to your Google Play Music library in the cloud, using the Music Manager. But just be aware that this is not a true sync--you're only copying the iTunes library to your Play Music library. Any changes or additions to your iTunes library after this will not be reflected in your Play Music library.

GR0D

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Gents Im back!

So I have 2 more questions:
- If I want to stream some video I did in the phone to the Chromecast, what can I use? I did find the ES File Explorer has a plugin which I tried but the audio kept cutting off and couldnt hear the video 95% of the time.

- Same thing with pictures to Chromecast.

Thank you!

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Gents Im back!

So I have 2 more questions:
- If I want to stream some video I did in the phone to the Chromecast, what can I use? I did find the ES File Explorer has a plugin which I tried but the audio kept cutting off and couldnt hear the video 95% of the time.

- Same thing with pictures to Chromecast.

Thank you!

If you don't have Google photos set, do it, besides having a cloud backup of your photos and videos it has a native chromecast plug-in that works great.

GR0D

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
If you don't have Google photos set, do it, besides having a cloud backup of your photos and videos it has a native chromecast plug-in that works great.

I'm not convinced on the Google Photos thing. I dont want the big G having access and using my pictures for their own stuff.... Any other options?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm not convinced on the Google Photos thing. I dont want the big G having access and using my pictures for their own stuff.... Any other options?

Well then try Samsung's Quick Connect, drop down your notification bar and click on the quick connect feature you see at the bottom and follow the instructions to set it and see if it's better.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

I use Dropbox and OneDrive. OneDrive gives more free storage I believe. You can set it up to auto backup.

Posted via the Android Central App

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site

I think they're getting plenty of info from you just by having a Google account! Placing an arbitrary restriction on your enjoyment of the platform seems shortsighted. Google Photos is arguably the best service they offer!

Either way, you can try casting the screen which essentially mirrors everything you see on the phone to the Chromecast.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney