QR code on back?

soboness5

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Verizon customer here with a Silver S7 Edge. Received my pre-order today and noticed a small sticker with what appears to be a small QR code on the bottom of the back. It looks like it might be one of those durable stickers not meant to come off, but I'm not really looking to try without knowing what it is.

Anyone have any idea what it is? Is it something the carrier uses during the install/load process before shipping? Perhaps a quick ID scan in case you need service?

Thanks!

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Verizon customer here with a Silver S7 Edge. Received my pre-order today and noticed a small sticker with what appears to be a small QR code on the bottom of the back. It looks like it might be one of those durable stickers not meant to come off, but I'm not really looking to try without knowing what it is.

Anyone have any idea what it is? Is it something the carrier uses during the install/load process before shipping? Perhaps a quick ID scan in case you need service?

Thanks!

Peeled mine off immediately and put it on one of the manuals in the box. No residue left behind.

SegoviaC

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site

Thanks!

I wouldn't recomend removing it. If its like the s6 it can void your warranty.
It's used to track repairs and book your phone if sent for repairs.

Removing Sticker off Samsung Galaxy S6 Could Void Warranty | Tech Void

jrkz36

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If you read the article you linked there, it has an update in the first paragraph stating that it's not true. Apparently that was false information. You can remove the sticker.

metacuate

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't recomend removing it. If its like the s6 it can void your warranty.
It's used to track repairs and book your phone if sent for repairs.

Removing Sticker off Samsung Galaxy S6 Could Void Warranty | Tech Void

From that site lol

Further research done by our readers has shown this customer service representative was incorrect on the sticker removal. As it turns out, warranty tracking information for Samsung is stored on the cover elsewhere. The sticker can indeed be removed.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon