Loving this battery upgrade

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Also, when I awoke this morning, noticed the "Always On" screen was not on. I was pleased about that, as having it on all night long while I sleep seems silly and pointless. Don't know if it's because of Marshmallow's Doze feature or because the battery was below a certain percentage overnight.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Screen on time? So far my battery is dropping like flies. But I've had the phone less than 24 hours and my first day at work. Ill give it some time to settle in before making any rash decisions.

steve_bham

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Battery life from my S5 upgrade is amazing. I used to have to charge the S5 half way through day. Don't have to with the S7

Posted via the Android Central App

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
As always, battery mileage may vary. I don't compulsively check my phone or do much gaming, as you can probably tell from those stats. And yes, things need to settle down before one can really tell. I set up, downloaded and updated everything while it was plugged in Tuesday. Didn't unplug it until I had everything the way I wanted it, including having Package Disabler Pro do its thing.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
my battery life has not been impressive thus far, it has gotten better slightly better since getting the phone Tuesday

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Screen on time? So far my battery is dropping like flies. But I've had the phone less than 24 hours and my first day at work. Ill give it some time to settle in before making any rash decisions.

I barely get through a full day of use. I've had the phone for 3 days so far and haven't noticed any improvements.

Look for my Battery Tips and Tricks that I created last year for the S6/edge. Basically the main offenders are still the same so you can have an idea of what to disable or uninstall that it may be affecting your battery life. If you come from an iPhone, don't expect to compare both phones (or OS for that matter) by having the S7 out of the box, on Android you will have TONS of "features", services and apps running on the background right out of the box, no need to waste your phone resources on things you may never use.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish