why is the notification volume so loud on this phone?

demarco5

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I cant even use this phone in the office, i have the notification volume at 1, first notch and its way louder than my s5
how am i supposed to use this thing at work?
annoying...

demarco5

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
yeah id rather have a noise, this is insane for the lowest setting, funny if i have to return the phone for something so stupid

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Haha yeah I was sitting in bed last night and got scared when I got a text. The phone was right next to my face . I was like wow that's loud. But I think it's a good thing for when you're out and about.

Posted via the Android Central App

demarco5

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
so i guess nobody works in a cubical and doesnt want it to be loud, or nobdoy understand what im saying when i say the LOWEST notification volume setting is too loud for work purposes, my s5 was fine, wondering if its the phone or marshmallow

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
No I understand. I work in meetings all day, and I turn it off. Completely off.

When I'm out, I want it loud.

Posted via the Android Central App

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure, but I might have had the same "problem" with my S6. If you use the volume buttons on the phone, it says "Ringtone" and that's at 1, tap the gear icon in that same box and see if Notifications is at 10. Mine was. Scared the crap outta me! :) I guess it's nice to have that separate control for ringtones, notifications, and system sounds, but it took me a few minutes to figure it out. Hopefully that's the issue and you don't have to return the phone.

demarco5

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah mine is at the lowest separate setting for notifications, i noticed if i change the sound to something different its not that loud, maybe i have to give up on captains log lol

ZeneticX

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
we have reviews everywhere saying the speaker is a bit soft because of the waterproofing, and now we have one here claiming its too loud. I wonder how is the s6 then because that's supposed to be louder than the s7

demarco5

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
it just didnt handle my specific notification sound correctly, all other ones sound ok, so its not really as big an issue now

dinoo82

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
if you don't mind me asking, what setting did you change and to what because I lowered my notifications to the lowest setting and it sounds just as loud still.

Thanks!

Brenda Teems

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I have a 6 - my ONLY real complaint is how loud it is, even on the LOWEST setting. I should not have to completely mute the thing to keep the gal in the next cube from hearing it. As it is, I can hear it about 5 cubes away, and it is VERY annoying. and, I have a very unobtrusive sound from The good, the bad & the ugly.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I have two guys in cubicles near me, one with a duck quack notification and the other with a "get me out, I'm stuck in your pocket" notification... Out of respect to the rest of my colleagues, I leave my phone on vibrate when I'm at work...

ncoleartist

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I work in a cubical and I feel your pain. I was having the same problem but lowered my notification sound and it seems to have helped some. Its under settings/sounds and vibrations/volume. I just set all my volumes to the lowest setting with sound.

200_couches

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Hey, I just saw this and was 'glad' others were noticing the same issue on their S7s.
I usually DL notifications from Zedge, but even they were too loud, despite my volume button and the sound setting adjusted.
I searched for 'quiet notifications', on Zedge, and found a perfect - not too loud - alert for my mssg/email, just an fyi :)

Hadar Yehudai

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
unfortunately, only the default volume can be set (the one that is associated with text messages), but not the volume for emails, and other apps notifications. Is there a way to fix it?
I'm using Note 5 and about to lose my mind..

Iokepa

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
I cant even use this phone in the office, i have the notification volume at 1, first notch and its way louder than my s5
how am i supposed to use this thing at work?
annoying...

I had the same problem so I just changed the "sound" type to "marble" which is softer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech