Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Cases and wireless charging

Jeremy MacMull

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Evening,

I'm getting my edge shortly and I've already got a wireless charger. Quick question what decent cases don't interfere with nfc or wireless charging?

I like the look of the spigen armour ones but wouldn't mind a check.

Any one used a case and wireless charging? And nfc?

Posted via Android Central App

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Cases and wireless charging

My wife has a pretty big case from best buy on her s7 and the wireless charging still works. Haven't tried nfc payment yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

I've never had an issue with the S6 on forward charging on the wireless pad with any type of case. I've had a Defender down to a UAG or a Spigen single layer on there and my Galaxies have never had an issue.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

Most of the issues are due to the specific chargers. Some of them I guess the signal isn't strong enough. My TYLT wireless charger has problems registering with any case at all. My cheap pos works like a charm even with an Otterbox case on. Mileage will vary for sure.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Charged the S7 Edge with an Otterbox commuter case on with no problems at all.
This the new Samsung Standing wireless charger. Works perfect.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Some cheap cases might have metal in them.... My GF got a cheap one from China that wouldn't work on her S6.

I have used Wireless charging for a while now and never had an issue.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Most of the issues are due to the specific chargers. Some of them I guess the signal isn't strong enough. My TYLT wireless charger has problems registering with any case at all. My cheap pos works like a charm even with an Otterbox case on. Mileage will vary for sure.

You should email Tylt about that. I had an issue a while back and they replaced it for free.

Captpt

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Evening,

I'm getting my edge shortly and I've already got a wireless charger. Quick question what decent cases don't interfere with nfc or wireless charging?

I like the look of the spigen armour ones but wouldn't mind a check.

Any one used a case and wireless charging? And nfc?

Posted via Android Central App

I've got the Spigen Neo Hybrid and it charges wirelessly just fine with the case on..

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site

And that cheap wireless charger will fry your GS7E in an instant when you least expect it :p

drodge

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Wireless charging works with an s7 edge in a spigen tough armor

My wife has the exact opposite experience. She has a tough armor case the and Samsung wireless charger. *If* you get it just perfect, it will sometimes charge. Even then, most times it charges for a few minutes, then you get the annoying "unplugged" sound letting you know it's no longer charging and she has to try to realign it. She's completely given up on it at this point.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance