Edge Panel - Broken or oversight?

LSG67

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Originally I pre-ordered the S7, then talked myself into the Edge thinking the edge panel would come in handy and free up some screen real estate (I hate a cluttered screen.)

Anyhoo, I'm really confuzzled on the thought behind how it behaves, as it is currently more of a pain than a plus. So I'm hoping there is a setting I'm missing.

I have two panels active, for ease of use, because more is just maddening to deal with current behavior. I wanted the quick contacts to be the first thing that pops up when I swipe, so I reordered it to be bar #1, followed by some app shortcuts on bar #2.

But the problem is, there is really no point in putting them in order, as the #1 bar isn't necessarily the first one that comes up when you swipe. It's whatever bar you last used. Which, for me, is a giant pain.

Am I missing something here? Because if I have to go swiping thru the bars (imagine having more than two) just to find my quick contacts.... what's the point?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I guess it's like "recent apps"... the last one you opened is the first one you see when you launch recent apps. Google "knows" what you want to see... irregardless of what you actually want to see... they're so smart! Sorry, I have no clue how to change it but hopefully someone does.

LSG67

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
This makes me sad, as had I known this, I would have saved the $$ and gotten the S7 instead. I just realllly thought it would be useful. :-/

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
unfortunately, it does default to the last panel used. no way around that, that i know of.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Just go to one panel until they fix it. Agreed that it's a bit of an oversight but it's not a huge deal for me (and I'm running 4 panels). It swipes through really quickly.

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Just go to one panel until they fix it. Agreed that it's a bit of an oversight but it's not a huge deal for me (and I'm running 4 panels). It swipes through really quickly.

I see where you're coming from... Doesn't really ruin anything or me at the end of the day. Tapping on the dots next to the settings is a quick way to snap back to the first panel before or after using them!

Screenshot_20160312-093013.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress