crash to black screen

Nkky7

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Was streaming youtube to the TV for about a minutes. All of the sudden the phone goes black. No lights or response to any button or power button. Phone back got pretty hot.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nkky7

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Only thing I can think of is it overheated? Sounds like a PC overheating and just going into emergency shut down mode.

It came back to life after a couple minutes. Is this like a normal thing? I'm a new Android user. Thanks for your reply.

Last edited:

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
It came back to live after a couple minutes. Is this like a normal thing? I'm a new Android user. Thanks for your reply.

Honestly I've never had an Android phone do something like what you described before. I would wait until tomorrow when our members are on to see if anyone has experienced this kind of issue before. Sorry I can't be of more help.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
on my surface pro, when it overheated, it would shut off and have a error icon on the screen. i haven't had any problems with the s7 edge over heating though. if it happens again then i would get a replacement

Nkky7

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
on my surface pro, when it overheated, it would shut off and have a error icon on the screen. i haven't had any problems with the s7 edge over heating though. if it happens again then i would get a replacement

Will do if that's the case. Thank you

Nkky7

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I talked to a Samsung rep. He/she told to push the volume down button and the power one at the same time. This would reset the internal circuit or something. Don't remember. he/she assured me the phone won't heat up like that again. Anyways, so far it hasn't. Anyways, I have 10 more days if I need to return it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000