Moving apps to SD card

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
spent a bit of time last night moving downloaded apps to the SD card. seemed to be fine (eg the moves worked exactly as they should - supposedly).

When I was done and went to use the apps, they were all "unavailable". almost like the move to the SD card did not actually work.

To be fair, when I installed the SD card, I never formatted it for the phone so maybe that was it. I did a factory reset last night and formated the card and will try to move some apps later.

Just wondering if anyone else had success in moving and then running the apps off the SD card? or if i just screwed up by not formatting it before I started using it.

thoughts?

LMychajluk

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like the formatting could be it, but I've found apps on the SD card will also be unavailable if the card is encrypted (I started another thread on this yesterday).

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi all. Formatting card seems to be it. Thanks...

Ps...one thing I did not realize is that widgets disappear for apps on the SD card. Did not realize that. Just move the app back to storage and they came back.

Posted via the Android Central App

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. Formatting card seems to be it. Thanks...

Ps...one thing I did not realize is that widgets disappear for apps on the SD card. Did not realize that. Just move the app back to storage and they came back.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yea I found that out also. Bummer. Why can't they just let SD card be identified as the default for apps? I never had to worry about this on my other phones that let me install to SD card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995