Samsung GS7edge - Verizon Users Thread

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well... before vacation...was hell. LOL

Packed up over 11,000 boxes of files worked about 3 weeks 12 hours days straight and I didn't even do most of the heavy work but was still tired as hell.

You have VZW unlimited right? Do you go over 100 GB a month? I know you may have been out of the loop so don't want you to get it snatched away.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Anyone thinking of jumping over to the note 7? Only things differentiating it from the S7 Edge are iris scanner and s pen. Smaller battery with a bigger screen doesn't make sense to me. Guess they had to cut something out to fit that s pen!

Sent from Sir Cletus Sexy IV.
(S7 Edge Titanium)

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have unlimited, but I don't use that much. I use a lot, but i can't imagine using of 100 GB per month unless that is your only source of internet. LOL

My usual is 20-30, this month I might hit 50 due to vacation. Don't worry I will let everyone know if I get hit... haha

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyone thinking of jumping over to the note 7? Only things differentiating it from the S7 Edge are iris scanner and s pen. Smaller battery with a bigger screen doesn't make sense to me. Guess they had to cut something out to fit that s pen!

(S7 Edge Titanium)

I always think about it... ha, my Fiance loves it when I do. :)

I might do it if I can get the payment plan. I am going to head to BestBuy and hold one after work today. The one thing I like about the Note 7 will be the thicker sides. I hate that I have to use a case with this phone to avoid edge touches. I am trying it for a few days without the case again to see if it is any better and it kinda seems like it is. I doubt I will upgrade tho, I love the Note series but it is not THAT big of an upgrade, plus smaller battery and I have a wedding to save for.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Verizon peeps are going to try and end my contract when it comes up in 18 months or so. I have 3 unlimited lines.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes I have unlimited, but I don't use that much. I use a lot, but i can't imagine using of 100 GB per month unless that is your only source of internet. LOL

My usual is 20-30, this month I might hit 50 due to vacation. Don't worry I will let everyone know if I get hit... haha
You should be good then :).

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I always think about it... ha, my Fiance loves it when I do. :)

I might do it if I can get the payment plan. I am going to head to BestBuy and hold one after work today. The one thing I like about the Note 7 will be the thicker sides. I hate that I have to use a case with this phone to avoid edge touches. I am trying it for a few days without the case again to see if it is any better and it kinda seems like it is. I doubt I will upgrade tho, I love the Note series but it is not THAT big of an upgrade, plus smaller battery and I have a wedding to save for.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Verizon peeps are going to try and end my contract when it comes up in 18 months or so. I have 3 unlimited lines.

I'm always a flip flopper when it comes to phones. I went from the S5 to the note 5 then to the S6 now with the 7 edge. I used the s pen quite frequently so I'm willing to give it another try. I'm just leery of the smaller battery and bigger screen causing less battery life. I looked it up since I have UDP and Verizon will let me update with the payment plan and keep unlimited.

(S7 Edge Titanium)

Attachments

• 20160808_133654.jpg
    20160808_133654.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 101

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I have the same battery concerns and noticed the payment plan is missing again...

Us unlimited peeps had no upgrade and then they allowed us to do a payment plan but now it is gone again. Oh well. I could just pay cash and make my own payment plan...LOL

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I have the same battery concerns and noticed the payment plan is missing again...

Us unlimited peeps had no upgrade and then they allowed us to do a payment plan but now it is gone again. Oh well. I could just pay cash and make my own payment plan...LOL

True! I can use my bb credit card and get 18 months at 0%. Then pay it off when I sell my S7 Edge!

(S7 Edge Titanium)

sciblades

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
I see that you can buy unlocked S7 Edge for use on all US carriers. I read that WiFi calling does not seem to be available using the unlocked model on Verizon. Can someone tell me if Verizon Visual Voicemail works with the unlocked edition on Verizon?

Posted via Android Central App

it does not

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm still so torn. It's not about need it's totally about want. I'm just not sure about the battery being smaller and the screen a tad bit bigger. The note feels better in your hand then the edge does. Side by side there's hardly a difference between the two. When you compare them by specs the only difference is iris scanner and s pen. The screen does seem a lot crisper and pictures look amazing. What to do, what to do!

(S7 Edge Titanium)

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
^replying to the guy above

I think the s7 is more comfortable to hold as I have smaller hands. It's not as wide as the note 7. Also the screens are the exact same resolution (1440 x 2560) and being that the s7 edge is smaller the ppi is actually higher (534 vs 518) and it has the exact same camera lol so I think you're just in that "want what's new" mindset. Personally I choose the edge for the slighter smaller design, bigger battery and better ppi (even though you can't notice it) the only reason I would say to get the note is, if you have an upgrade and want the biggest screen size available and utilitize the pen, otherwise they're the same..

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
^replying to the guy above

I think the s7 is more comfortable to hold as I have smaller hands. It's not as wide as the note 7. Also the screens are the exact same resolution (1440 x 2560) and being that the s7 edge is smaller the ppi is actually higher (534 vs 518) and it has the exact same camera lol so I think you're just in that "want what's new" mindset. Personally I choose the edge for the slighter smaller design, bigger battery and better ppi (even though you can't notice it) the only reason I would say to get the note is, if you have an upgrade and want the biggest screen size available and utilitize the pen, otherwise they're the same..

I totally agree with you! I'm a phone junky. I had the note 5 and loved the s pen. I am grandfathered in so I always pay full price then sell my phone on swappa.

(S7 Edge Titanium)

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

That seems to be the consensus here and in a lot of the early reviews -- that there just isn't a phenomenal difference between the S7e and Note 7, except for the S-Pen. The S7e is just right for a good-sized pocket and to use one-handed too. I'd expect that the folks for whom the Note appears to be marketed (primarily earlier Note, S6e+, and S6e users, along with those distracted by the newest something shiny) will be all over it.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
That seems to be the consensus here and in a lot of the early reviews -- that there just isn't a phenomenal difference between the S7e and Note 7, except for the S-Pen. The S7e is just right for a good-sized pocket and to use one-handed too. I'd expect that the folks for whom the Note appears to be marketed (primarily earlier Note, S6e+, and S6e users, along with those distracted by the newest something shiny) will be all over it.

I pre ordered the note7 this morning. I'm blinded by the new shiny thing! I loved the s pen on my Note 5 so I'm sure the 7 will be just as satisfying! I'm grandfathered in to UDP so I bought it out right and will sell my 7edge. Makes the wife happy too as she will get the gear fit 2!

(S7 Edge Titanium)

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm probably switching to Verizon in the next few weeks from AT&T. I have a Note 4 now and love it but I never use the S Pen. I'll probably save the extra $70 and get an S7E when I switch instead of the Note 7.

csleverette

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Any of the crew purchased a theme from the Samsung theme store? Getting an abstract error code when trying to pay with my PayPal. I can't figure out how to edit it either. Thought I would check.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I pre ordered the note7 this morning. I'm blinded by the new shiny thing! I loved the s pen on my Note 5 so I'm sure the 7 will be just as satisfying! I'm grandfathered in to UDP so I bought it out right and will sell my 7edge. Makes the wife happy too as she will get the gear fit 2!

(S7 Edge Titanium)

I'm coming with you brother when I get paid tomorrow. I've missed the screen size and the S-Pen! Not putting faith in Samsung Promotions again though. I'm one of the ones who got the VR instead of the watch. 😑

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming with you brother when I get paid tomorrow. I've missed the screen size and the S-Pen! Not putting faith in Samsung Promotions again though. I'm one of the ones who got the VR instead of the watch. 😑

I'm excited to get mine next week. I pre ordered through best buy. Watch is already ready for pick up in store!

(S7 Edge Titanium)

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm excited to get mine next week. I pre ordered through best buy. Watch is already ready for pick up in store!

(S7 Edge Titanium)

I'm excited too. I am going today. Still haven't figured out what color I'm getting though...might stick with silver so friends and family don't realize I have no self control.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm excited too. I am going today. Still haven't figured out what color I'm getting though...might stick with silver so friends and family don't realize I have no self control.

I thought the same until i saw how sleek and sexy the black is! I haven't had a black phone since, I don't know when.

(S7 Edge Titanium)