gs7 camera issue

wuttqq

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Ignore the bottles, look at the lights.

Whenever I take a picture or use the camera app it streaks the lights. It's weird that they all go in the same direction as well.

Can anyone explain this?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 94.jpg
    94.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 80

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
One could be a smug on the lens. It could also be that you have the focus set on the bottle and not the background. So the lens is focusing on that. Do you have video stabilization on or auto tracking?

wuttqq

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
I can see the problem through the camera before I take the picture.

I doubt it's a smudge on the lens because everything would blur in the same fashion.

I do have video stabilization on but I don't see how that would affect a still image. I will try to turn it off.

SR45

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Nice picture of the bottle just the same. Now looking at some lights on mine but they are not of the type you have there. No issues. Have you tried other location plus lights to see if this is reproduced ?

wuttqq

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
So far I have only tried LED lights and those long tube office lights. Only happens on LED right now.

wuttqq

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Just tried it in a few different places and the lights are always glaring or smearing to one side, it's strange.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Haven't tried with my Edge yet, but my iPhone 6s plus does this exact same thing. Not sure why. It's annoying, but unfortunately not unique to the Edge.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
Had this issue on my note 5 it would streak the lights even worse than that. It ended up being a camera sensor problem. I have two note 5's so was able to compare side by side. I Got a replacement and problem fixed. Would recommend getting it replaced.

S7 edge will make America great again!

wuttqq

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I have pretty much confirmed this is an issue (although a really rare one). Unfortunately all stores in the NYC area are completely sold out of s7edge. So I need to return or wait and hope something pops up within the 14 day period.

It feels like I bought an iPhone with it being sold out everywhere. I guess that's a good thing for Samsung.