Does touchwiz still have the high volume warning?

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I hate it so much and am just waiting for it to join clippy in a cold dark notification hell... Have they nixed it yet?

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
some one needs to make an app to cause this to not display. I agree that root is one way, and both my tablets are rooted. Phone cannnot be, work requires BYOD via MobileIron, which will not run on a rooted device. I would pay for an app like that.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have had my phone for less than 48 hours, so i maybe off here... but I have had multiple Samsung phones before. In the past I felt like the High Volume would pop up and you couldn't turn it up louder until you acknowledged it in some way. Which I did have to do the first time I turned up the S7e, but today I turned it up, and I got the notification, but I was able to turn it up without problem.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, for those who think loud is good, louder is great. I currently wear $10,000 worth of hearing aids due in large part to thinking loud was great. You don't know it's gone until it's too late, and you can never get it back.

Just sayin'.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
FWIW, for those who think loud is good, louder is great. I currently wear $10,000 worth of hearing aids due in large part to thinking loud was great. You don't know it's gone until it's too late, and you can never get it back.

Just sayin'.

The only time I ever max it out is when I use Bluetooth headset output isn't as high. Thanks for the heads up though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The only time I ever max it out is when I use Bluetooth headset output isn't as high. Thanks for the heads up though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Same. I max out my headset when watching videos since my BT volume isn't set high. That way I can control it from the BT itself versus the phone.

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Trouble is Samsung applies the setting to the bluetooth signal which leaves the channel under driven for most bluetooth devices. The warning should not apply to bluetooth signal level as nearly all bluetooth sound devices have their own volume control.

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
So you got me beat, I only need about $7500 worth of hearing aids. The issue I have is i stream via Bluetooth to my vehicle. The gain via Bluetooth is so low, i have to turn the stereo up full to even hear it. If I go to full volume, I can set the stereo well below 25% and it is comfortable for both me and my fully hearing wife.

cjbrigol

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
This is so aggravating. When I run sometimes I like to turn it up beyond that volume, but it's in my Flip Belt, so I have to take it out while running, confirm, and put it back. It's gonna make me drop the thing!

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
You only have to do it once and then it goes away. That is until you restart your phone, then you have to do deal with it again. It is super annoying. I use it for Bluetooth and it's just obnoxious. It's totally pointless anyway. If someone wants it turned up louder, they are going to turn it up louder. Having to click "ok" on a stupid message is not going to deter anyone from doing so.